Avocado Toast Egg-in-a-Hole, the perfect 5 minute breakfast to make the one you love!
You heard of avocado toast? Egg-in-a-hole? Well I combined both ideas to create this easy breakfast toast made with mashed avocado, eggs over easy and a few dashes of hot sauce. Five (5) ingredients, five (5) minutes to make, doesn’t get better than that!
I’m obsessed with avocado toast and eggs lately as you might have noticed! I was thinking about Valentine’s Day breakfast ideas and forgot I had these heart shaped cutters (affiliate link), so immediately this came to mind. You don’t have fancy cutters to make this, you can keep it simple and use the rim of a glass to cut out a hole.
To make them, simply cut a hole out of the bread, spray some oil in a skillet, place the bread in the skillet and gently drop the egg in the center. Let that cook until it sets to your liking, then spread the avocado on the bread. I like to top mine with hot sauce and serve it with some fresh fruit.
Avocado Toast Egg-in-a-Hole Ingredients
- Ripe Avocado, for mashing
- Bread, for toasting
- Olive Oil Spray or Misto (affil link)
- Salt and Pepper
Tips for saving leftover avocado:
- To store unused ½ of avocado, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. They also sell avocado keepers (affiliate link) that claim to keep them fresher longer.
- Leave the pit in and get the wrap as close to the surface of the fruit as possible.
- If browning occurs, gently scrape the exposed flesh with a butter knife and voila, beautiful green avocado lies within!
More ways to make Avocado Toast:
- Avocado Toast with Sunnyside Egg
- Hummus Avocado Toast
- Avocado Toast with Lemon and Kale
- Avocado Toast with Egg and Smoked Salmon
- Avocado Crab Toast
If you’re like me and love avocado toast, I’d love to hear how you top yours!
Avocado Toast Egg-in-a-Hole
- With a heart shaped cutter or the rim of a glass, press a hole in the center of the slice of bread.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and spray with the oil. Place the bread and the cut out piece on the skillet and crack the egg straight into the center of the hole.
- Cook until the egg sets on the bottom, about 1 minute, season with salt and pepper and flip over with a spatula, season with salt and pepper the other side.
- Cook the other side until the yolk is to your liking, I prefer mine soft.
- Remove and top with mashed avocado and hot sauce if desired.