Avocado Crab Toast made with fresh crab, sliced radishes, lime, paprika and cilantro elevates simple avocado toast to a whole new and delicious level!
Avocado Crab Toast
So I’m a little (ok, A LOT) obsessed with avocado toast – mashed avocado on whole-grain bread topped with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt is one of my go-to breakfasts.
Hey there, I’m Heather. I’m a dietitian and the founder of www.heatherkjones.com — a weight loss site that focuses on healing and hope instead of diets and deprivation. I’m also the creator of Feel Better Eat Better, an online coaching program for women who struggle with emotional eating, overeating, or body image issues.
On a recent trip to Miami I discovered an entirely new and fresh way to dress up this simple and healthy dish. This easy dish is not only perfect for breakfast or light lunch, but it’s also a wow-worthy brunch dish (trust me, your friends and family will be impressed!) You could also try this with pickled red onions in place of radishes.
More Avocado Toast Recipes:
- Avocado Toast with Lemon and Kale
- Hummus Avocado Toast
- Avocado Toast Eggs in a Hole
- Avocado Toast with Egg and Smoked Salmon
- Avocado Crab Toast
Miami Avocado Crab Toast
- 1 ounce about 1/4 small Haas avocado
- 2 ounces cooked lump crab meat
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- Juice from ½ small lime
- 1 small green onion, thinly sliced, green and whites separated
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1.5-ounce slice 100% whole grain bread, toasted
- 1 small radish, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with a fork until smooth.
- In another small bowl, combine crab, 2 teaspoons cilantro, lime juice, onion whites, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spread avocado evenly over toast, top with crab mixture, radish, remaining cilantro, green onion, sprinkle of paprika, pinch of salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Cut in half and serve immediately.