Avocado Egg Salad and Salmon Sandwich
I love whipping up this quick avocado egg salad sandwich when I have all the ingredients. Some of my other favorite healthy sandwiches are Egg Tomato and Scallion Sandwich, Breakfast BLT and Omelet Tortilla Breakfast Wrap.
Easiest tip to make a sandwich lighter is to make it open-faced. To make a lighter egg salad, I use half the yolks so I am still getting the health benefits from using some of the yolks, plus I add some mashed avocado which makes it creamy and full of healthy fats.
- If you’re not a fan of salmon or lox you can substitute for another protein, sliced tomatoes or leave it out.
- You can make this with a classic egg salad.
- If you are gluten free you can use gluten free bread.
- You can even turn these into appetizer style bites by using crackers or cucumber slices in place of the bread.
This is great for breakfast or lunch. If you’re only making one serving, you can refrigerate the egg salad in an airtight container. Enjoy!
More healthy sandwiches you might enjoy:
Healthy Avocado Egg Salad and Salmon Sandwich
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs
- 2 large hard boiled egg whites, discard the rest
- 1/2 2 oz medium hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp caper brine, optional
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives or dill
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground pepper
- 12 thin slices cucumber
- 4 slices 4 oz Wild Nova salmon
- 4 slices whole grain sliced bread, toasted
- Combine the egg yolks with the avocado, light mayo, mustard, brine from capers if using, chives, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork.
- Chop the egg whites and add to yolks; adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- To assemble, place 1 oz lox on each slice of bread, top with cucumber and divide egg salad between toasts.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.