An open-faced avocado egg salad sandwich with wild Nova salmon and cucumber slices – under 300 calories, protein packed, and loaded with good fats.
Avocado Egg Salad and Salmon Sandwich
I love whipping up this quick avocado egg salad sandwich when I have all the ingredients. Some of my other favorite healthy sandwiches are Egg Tomato and Scallion Sandwich, Breakfast BLT and Omelet Tortilla Breakfast Wrap.
Easiest tip to make a sandwich lighter is to make it open-faced. To make a lighter egg salad, I use half the yolks so I am still getting the health benefits from using some of the yolks, plus I add some mashed avocado which makes it creamy and full of healthy fats.
- If you’re not a fan of salmon or lox you can substitute for another protein, sliced tomatoes or leave it out.
- You can make this with a classic egg salad.
- If you are gluten free you can use gluten free bread.
- Try adding pickled red onions.
- You can even turn these into appetizer style bites by using crackers or cucumber slices in place of the bread.
More healthy sandwiches you might enjoy:
Healthy Avocado Egg Salad and Salmon Sandwich
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs
- 2 large hard boiled egg whites, discard the rest
- 1/2 hass avocado, 2 oz medium, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp caper brine, optional
- 1/2 tbsp fresh chives or dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground pepper
- 12 thin slices cucumber
- 4 slices Wild Nova salmon, 4 oz
- 4 slices whole grain sliced bread, toasted
- Combine the egg yolks with the avocado, light mayo, mustard, brine from capers if using, chives, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork.
- Chop the egg whites and add to yolks; adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- To assemble, place 1 oz lox on each slice of bread, top with cucumber and divide egg salad between toasts.