A classic Turkey Club sandwich made healthy, piled high with turkey breast, bacon, lettuce, and tomato on whole grain bread, the perfect easy lunch.
The other day I was craving a turkey sandwich for lunch and decided to make a turkey club. I used Boar’s Head turkey thinly sliced, my favorite turkey from the grocery store deli. It hit the spot! For some twists on the classic, try my Bento Box Turkey Club Roll Ups and Chicken Club Lettuce Wrap Sandwich.
Turkey clubs are great with just some chips and a pickle, but you could also serve it with your favorite side. Here are some options: potato salad, egg salad, tomato salad, corn, tomato, and avocado salad, fruit salad, and tomato soup.
Crispy bacon is the best part of a club. Bacon makes everything better, amiright? One of the easiest ways to cook bacon is in the oven. Put the bacon on a foil- lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, flipping over after 10 minutes. Let bacon sit on paper towels for a few minutes to drain the grease.
What is a turkey club sandwich?
A turkey club is a classic sandwich with six ingredients: turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, and bread. It traditionally has a third slice of bread in the middle with extra layers of meat, but I only used two slices to cut calories.
Are turkey clubs healthy?
Turkey clubs can be healthy. Since I only use two slices of bread, I also use less meat and mayo. I prefer using Dave’s Killer Bread Thin-Sliced, which is whole grain and has fewer calories than regular bread. This turkey club sandwich has 351 calories.
- Sub ham, roast beef, or chicken for the turkey.
- Use multiple types of meat in one sandwich. Turkey and ham is a popular combo.
- Use a tortilla instead of bread for a turkey club wrap.
- Swap the bread for a lettuce wrap for a low-carb sandwich.
- Add mustard to your sandwich.
- Put cheddar or Swiss cheese on your club.
- Add avocado for an extra veggie.
More Sandwich Recipes You’ll Love:
- Open-Faced Tuna Melt
- Turkey Cuban Sandwich
- Prosciutto, Arugula and Balsamic Sandwich
- Steak and Cheese Sandwiches
- Heirloom Tomato Sandwich
- 2 slices center cut bacon, cut in half
- 2 slices whole grain bread, Daves Killer Bread thin sliced Good Seed
- 1 tablespoon light mayo
- 2 slices iceberg lettuce
- 3 ounces turkey breast, sliced thin (Boars Head)
- 2 slices ripe tomato
- Cook bacon until crisp then drain fat on a paper towel.
- Toast the bread the spread mayo on both pieces. Top with 1 slice lettuce, turkey, tomato, bacon and remaining lettuce and close.
- Slice in half and enjoy!