If you’re craving a Cuban sandwich, this should satisfy your craving! I have a weakness for Cuban sandwiches, if you have never tried one, they are usually made with roast pork, ham, Swiss cheese, thin sliced pickles and mustard, then pressed with a sandwich press or a panini grill until everything is hot and the cheese is melted. Very popular in Miami Florida. I think leftover turkey breast makes a great, lighter alternative to roast pork and it’s a great way to use your leftover turkey this Thanksgiving. I found this French bread in the deli section of my supermarket that was soft and perfect for a Cuban! Have one of these for lunch or dinner and enjoy!!
Turkey Cuban Sandwich
- 1 6 " slice French Bread, fat free
- 3 oz left over turkey breast, heated
- 1 slice of ham
- 2 thin slices of Alpine Lace Swiss cheese
- 3 slices of pickles
- Pam cooking spray
- Slice the bread open.
- Spread mustard on both sides.
- Place cheese and pickles on the bread.
- Add turkey and top with ham.
- Close your sandwich, spray the sandwich press with buttered flavored Pam and press down until the cheese is melted and the crust is a little crispy.
- Cut the sandwich on the diagonal and enjoy!