Shrimp Scampi Zoodle
Ever since buying my FAVORITE cooking gadget, the Inspiralizer I was hooked! I’ve been swapping pasta for zucchini noodles ever since. It’s the easiest way to make zucchini noodles, cucumber noodles, sweet potato spirals, spiralized beets and more! Prior to owning one, I used my mandolin but it’s so much quicker and easier (and safer) with this fun gadget – you NEED one!!
I took a break from zoodles for a few months because I may have over-did it this summer, but now that it’s January I dusted off my spiralizer and have been making them all week.
Tips on how to make perfect zucchini noodles:
- Cut the noodles into 6 inch lengths so they are easier to eat.
- Don’t cook the zucchini longer than 2 minutes or it will become watery. I usually cook it 1-1/2 minutes so they stay firm
yet warm. You can even eat it raw, like in this awesome Raw Spiralized Zucchini Salad with Avocado and Edamame.
Shrimp Scampi Zoodles for Two
- 2 medium zucchini, about 7 oz each
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, or olive oil for Whole30
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 minced garlic cloves, divided
- 12 large peeled and deveined shrimp, about 6.5 oz
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1/8 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- Use a mandolin fitted with a julienne blade or a spiralizer to cut the zucchini into noodles. Cut the strips into 6 to 8-inch strips.
- In a large nonstick pan, melt the butter and 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, kosher salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and garlic to the skillet, cook 30 seconds then add the zucchini noodles, kosher salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Remove from the heat, add the shrimp, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Toss well to combine and serve immediately.
- Makes 2 servings. 6 shrimp, half the noodles.