As 2014 comes to an end, I find myself reflecting on the past 12 months, thinking about the journey, challenges, and lessons learned but also to remind myself to be thankful and count my blessings.
2014 had so many highs for me and Skinnytaste – the top of the list was certainly The Skinnytaste Cookbook making the New York Times Best Seller’s List – holy cow!!! I also challenged myself to get out of my comfort zone and face one of my fears… public speaking! Still working on that but I’ve had lots of practice this year with video, TV and radio.
I can’t express how grateful and thankful
I am for all of your support. Your comments, emails, the photos you share with me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook mean the world to me. None of this would be possible without you, so THANK YOU!
And now the best part…. here are the TOP 25 Most Popular Recipes from 2014 as well as links to the popular posts from previous years.
Top 25 Most Popular Skinny Recipes posted in 2014:
1. Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Roast
This is so easy, flavorful and practically cooks itself while you’re away!
2. Amazing Flourless (Black Bean) Brownies
One person commented “I just made this and I have to say that I am amazed! These aren’t only delicious, they may be the best brownies I have ever made!”
3. Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry
One commenter said “5/5 stars!! delicious meal with the perfect amount of flavor. :)”
4. Three-Cheese Zucchini Lasagna Rolls
Stuffed with zucchini, ricotta and Parmesan, then topped with marinara and mozzarella cheese – delicious, kid friendly and perfect if you want to feed a crowd.
5. Easy Macaroni Casserole
Baked pasta dish made with whole wheat elbows, ground turkey, veggies, marinara sauce and cheese – a great family friendly dish.
6. Cauliflower Fried “Rice”
A delicious low-carb alternative to rice!
7. Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Slightly modified from the Recipe Girl Cookbook, my husband loves this recipe!!
8. Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad
Delicious, high in fiber and protein all for under 300 calories
9. Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) with Lemon and Spicy Shrimp
2014 was the year of the zoodle! Swapping zucchini noodles for pasta is my favorite low-carb swap.
10. Skinny Buffalo Chicken Strips –
One commenter said: “I am addicted. I have made them 4 times already and cannot get enough!!”
11. Chickpea Quinoa and Avocado Salad
This protein packed vegetarian salad is loaded with fiber and healthy fats!
12. Spaghetti Squash Primavera –
Easy, low-carb, gluten-free and perfect for Meatless Mondays!
13. PB&J Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Made with just 4 ingredients, (bananas, oats, peanut butter and jelly) these cookies are best eaten warm right out of the oven!
14. Orange Chicken Makeover
Lighter in calories, but you won’t be disappointed, it’s so good!
15. PB2 Flourless Chocolate Brownies
These brownies have no flour, no oil or butter, but they are amazing!
16. Kung Pao Chicken Zoodles for Two
I replaced the noodles with zoodles (zucchini noodles) and the results were fantastic for under 300 calories!!
17. Blueberry Kale Smoothie
Antioxidant rich – trust me, it tastes better than it looks!
18. Quinoa Fiesta Enchilada Bake
My favorite way to eat quinoa!
19. Spiralized Raw Zucchini Salad
Amazing and no cooking required!
20. Spiralized Greek Cucumber Salad with Lemon and Feta
Another spiralized favorite!!
21. Picadillo Quesadillo
One word… YUM!
22. Turkey Meatball Spinach Tortellini Soup
Hearty, kid friendly and delicious!
23. Skinny Garlic Parmesan Fries
Baked with garlic, a little olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper, then sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan and parsley – to die for!
24. Asparagus Egg and Bacon Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
Sometimes the simplest things can be the best – like this salad…
25. Sweet and Spicy Asian Glazed Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
Marinated overnight, grilled and finished with a yummy glaze