Amazing Flour-less Black Bean Brownies
Amazing Flour-less Black Bean Brownies are moist, chocolatey and delicious – finally a low-fat, gluten-free brownie that’s pretty darn good made with no flour and no butter!
They come out so moist, not cakey or dry like most low-fat brownie recipe I’ve tried.
The secret ingredient is black beans, and I’m sure you’re thinking… what? But trust me, you don’t taste it! My husband even loves them, and can’t get over how good they are (and trust me if he didn’t like it he would tell me). They really feel like you’re eating something loaded with butter, yet it only uses 1/2 teaspoon of oil. The last version I added some walnuts which increased the points to 5 each, but I gave you the basic recipe without.
How To Make Black Bean Brownies
Amazing Flour-less Brownies
- 1 14 oz canned low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk, or dairy, skim
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground coffee or instant coffee
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided (Hershey's)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease a nonstick 9 x 9-inch square baking pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- Blend the black beans, eggs, cocoa powder, sugar, oil, almond milk, balsamic, baking soda, baking powder and coffee in the blender until smooth and pour into a bowl.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips until combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly over the top of the brownies.
- Bake the brownies until a toothpick comes out clean, about 30 to 32 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing them into squares.