As we come to the year’s end, I can’t help but reflect on the highs and lows of 2012, and try to imagine what 2013 will bring. Today is a gift we should grasp with both hands, and remember that our faith, family, health, our home sweet homes, and the food on our table are all we really need; everything else in life is a bonus!
But looking back, there were lots of Skinnytaste highlights this year, the top of the list was a book deal with Clarkson Potter – woohoo!!! I’ve been really busy testing new recipes for the cookbook, then comes the photography, book design, cover designs, lots of fun stuff ahead! I promise to keep you posted as I go through the process.
I can’t express how grateful and thankful
I am for all of your support. Your comments, emails, the photos you share with me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook mean so much to me. Nothing would be possible without you.
Some other great Skinnytaste highlights from 2012:
Fitness Magazine Best Healthy Eating Blog Winner
Babble’s Top 100 Mom Food Blogs
Huffington Post Living 35 Diet and Nutrition Experts to Follow
The Daily Meal Top 25 Food Blogs 2012
On a more personal note, I also started running more this year and I’m getting better at it everyday. Perhaps my goal for 2013 should be to run a 5K, we shall see!
And now, for the Top 25 Most Popular Skinny Recipes posted in 2012:
- Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- Cajun Chicken Pasta on the Lighter Side
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole
- Skinny Green Monster Smoothie
- Skinny Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Scones
- Skinny Texas Cheese Fries
- Bangin’ Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken
- Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Zucchini Tots
- Skinny Overnight Oats in a Jar
- Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Kalyn’s Stuffed Cabbage Casserole
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Asian Edamame Fried Rice
- Insanely Good Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Skinny No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- Oven “Fried” Pickles with Skinny Herb Buttermilk Ranch Dip
- Skinny Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
- Spicy Black Beans Burgers with Chipotle Mayonnaise
And if you would like to see what recipes were popular from the previous 2 years, here are the recipes that made the Top 20:
Top 20 Skinnytaste Recipes 2011
Top 20 Skinnytaste Recipes 2010
Have a happy, safe, healthy new year!