This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Guiltless cheesy baked seasoned fries topped with bacon, jalapeños and scallions… this is SOOO good! Pure comfort food when cheese fries are what you’re craving.
Making them yourself will save hundreds of calories and have better portion control preparing it yourself. A half order at Chili’s is a whopping 1260 calories and 89 grams of fat, yikes!!
This recipe is a serving for two, if you want to make this into a meal, serve it with a cup of soup and a garden salad on the side. You’ll have those carbs you crave and feel completely satisfied.
I left the skin on for added fiber, and I opted to use a full fat cheddar so that the cheese melts beautifully, I just used less of it and I think it was perfect.
How To Make Healthier Texas Cheese Fries
Skinny Texas Cheese Fries
Guiltless cheesy baked seasoned fries topped with bacon, jalapeños and scallions... this is SOOO good! Pure comfort food when cheese fries are what you're craving.
Yield: 2 Servings
Serving Size: 1 /2
- 2 medium potatoes, 5 1/2 oz each, yukon gold or russet, washed and dried
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 slice center cut bacon, cooked & finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp diced scallions
- 1 tbsp sliced pickled Jalapeno, jarred on canned
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Line baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up if desired. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch thin slices; then cut each slice into 1/4 inch fries.
- In a large bowl, combine cut potatoes and oil; toss well. Add seasoning (paprika to salt and pepper). Toss to coat.
- Place potatoes in a single layer, bake in the bottom third of the oven 10 minutes, turn and bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes, or until crisp and browned.
- Remove from oven, top with cheddar cheese, sliced jalapenos, scallions and bacon bits and return to oven for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /2, Calories: 265 kcal, Carbohydrates: 30 g, Protein: 10.5 g, Fat: 12 g, Saturated Fat: 4.5 g, Cholesterol: 19.5 mg, Sodium: 305.5 mg, Fiber: 3 g, Sugar: 1.5 g