Roasted Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
I got this idea from Rachel Ray only her version was with bacon. Prosciutto is a little fancier and I loved how the flavors combined. I enjoyed a bundle with a poached egg for lunch and it was divine, great for brunch!
You can easily double or triple this and assemble them ahead. Can you make them without the prosciutto? … sure! Just sprinkle with a little salt and lay them flat on the baking sheet, you can use the same cooking time.
More Asparagus Side Dishes:
- Roasted Asparagus
- Asparagus Egg and Bacon Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Lobster Asparagus Chopped Salad
- Asparagus Pancetta Potato Hash
- Asparagus and Green Lentils with Poached Egg
Roasted Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- 1 1/4 lb thin asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed
- extra virgin olive oil spray, I used my misto, lets assume 1/4 tsp
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 4 slices 2 oz thin sliced prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spritz asparagus spears with extra virgin oil. Season with fresh cracked pepper and divide into 4 bundles.
- Gather 1/4 of the asparagus and use a slice of prosciutto to wrap each bundle and place on a baking dish seam side down.
- Repeat with remaining, place on baking dish and bake 12 minutes or until asparagus is tender crisp.