This quick and easy recipe for oven roasted asparagus is the perfect spring side dish. This basic recipe can be seasoned many different ways; add lemon juice, garlic or shaved parmesan for variations.
This is super easy side can be served with just about from poultry, to steak or pork.
How To Roast Asparagus
This simple method will give you tender-crisp asparagus in about 10 minutes. I simply spritz it with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Then I roast the asparagus in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Roasted Asparagus Ideas and Variations
- After the asparagus is roasted, squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top.
- After the asparagus is roasted, top it with 1 ounce of shaved Parmesan.
- Add 1 clove minced garlic to the asparagus before roasting.
More Asparagus Recipes You May Enjoy
- Asparagus with Lentils and Poached Egg
- Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry
- Chicken Teriyaki Asparagus Stir Fry
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Roasted Asparagus with Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, about 18 ounces
- olive oil spray
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and trim hard ends off asparagus. Place in a single layer in roasting pan.
- Spray all over with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven approximately 10 minutes, or until render crisp.