This quick and easy recipe for oven roasted asparagus is the perfect spring side dish. This basic recipe can be seasoned many different ways; add lemon juice, garlic or shaved parmesan for variations.
This is a super easy side dish that you can serve with just about anything from poultry, to steak or pork. Great for any holiday like Thanksgiving, Christmas or even for Easter. More side dishes I love are Mashed Cauliflower and Maple Soy Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash with Bacon.
How To Roast Asparagus
This simple method will give you tender-crisp asparagus in about 10 minutes. I simply spritz it with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Then I roast the asparagus in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Trim the tough ends of the asparagus spears, usually about 1-2 inches from the bottom or where they easily snap off.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet in a single layer. Spritz olive oil and season with salt and pepper, or any other desired seasonings.
- Toss the asparagus gently to coat them evenly.
- Roast the asparagus in the preheated oven for approximately 10-15 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the asparagus spears.
- Check the asparagus periodically and remove them from the oven when they are tender and lightly browned. You can test their doneness by piercing them with a fork or a knife. They should be easily pierced but still have some firmness.
How Long to Roast Asparagus
The cooking time for roasting asparagus can vary depending on the size of the asparagus spears and the desired level of doneness. At 400F or 425F cooking time can take 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus spears.
Roasted Asparagus Ideas and Variations
- After the asparagus is roasts, squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top.
- After the asparagus is roasts, top it with 1 ounce of shaved Parmesan.
- Add 1 clove minced garlic to the asparagus before roasting.
More Asparagus Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Asparagus with Lentils and Poached Egg
- Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry
- Chicken Teriyaki Asparagus Stir Fry
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Roasted Asparagus with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and trim hard ends off asparagus. Place in a single layer in roasting pan.
- Spray all over with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven approximately 10 minutes, or until tender crisp.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Budget Friendly Meals
- Dairy Free
- Easter Recipes
- Egg Free Recipes
- Gluten Free
- How To Make: Simple Recipes for Beginners
- Keto Recipes
- Kid Friendly
- Low Carb
- Spring Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- Under 30 Minutes
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetarian Meals
- Weight Watchers – WW Recipes
- Whole30 Recipes