Spring is in the air and asparagus is season, which means I’ll be eating this Teriyaki Chicken and Asparagus Stir-Fry as often as I can, it’s one of my Spring favorites!
Teriyaki Chicken and Asparagus
I shared this chicken stir fry recipe last year which is similar, only in a light lemon sauce and it’s been so popular, I thought I would create something similar, with a different sauce. I just love a stir fry that uses only one protein and one vegetable, perfect for a quick weeknight dish.
March goals for me are to work out every day, and to eat less carbs this month (no, not giving them up completely). With that in mind, I loaded this dish up with chicken and asparagus so that portions are huge but if you wish to server this over rice this would easily serve six people.
How To Make Teriyaki Chicken
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry Variations
- For more veggies add some sliced mushrooms with the asparagus.
- Swap the asparagus for 12 ounces broccoli florets in step 3 and steam 3 to 4 minutes.
- Swap the asparagus for 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick half moons and steam 2 minutes.
More Chicken Stir Fry Recipes
- Stir Fry Chicken with Sugar Snap Peas and Carrots
- Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry
- Thai Chicken and Pineapple Stir Fry
- Chicken Zoodle Lo Mein For Two
Teriyaki Chicken and Asparagus Stir-Fry
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp canola or grapeseed oil, divided
- 12 oz asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Whisk the soy sauce, mirin, honey and ginger and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Lightly season the chicken with salt.
- Heat a large non-stick wok over medium-high heat, when hot add 1 teaspoon of the oil, then add the asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Set aside on a dish.
- Increase the heat to high, then add 1 teaspoon of oil and half of the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove and set aside and repeat with the remaining oil and chicken.
- Place everything back into the wok, pour the sauce over and cook stirring 30 to 60 seconds until the sauce thickens slightly.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.