A simple asparagus side dish that really celebrates Spring. Serve it cold or room temperature, leftovers are wonderful chopped and mixed into a salad.
This can easily be doubled or tripled.
Asparagus with Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound thin asparagus tough ends trimmed off
- In a medium bowl, whisk mustard, vinegar and 1 tbsp oil. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Steam or boil asparagus for 2-3 minutes until cooked and tender. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Transfer asparagus to a serving dish and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- Can be served warm or chilled.