This simple, healthy Baked Salmon recipe is made with a whole salmon filet, fresh lemon, and lots of fresh herbs such as dill, parsley, chives.
Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
A classic baked salmon recipe is one everyone should have in their back pocket. This simple meal uses a whole side of salmon laid over lemon slices and a few sprigs of parsley. It’s easy enough for weeknight cooking if you want to meal prep but also great to serve guests if you need a whole fish. You can also try this Parmesan-Herb Baked Salmon and Cedar-Plank Spice-Rubbed Salmon for other variations. Leftover salmon is great in this Arugula Salmon Salad, Salmon Fried Rice, Salmon Patties or serve it with your favorite grain.
What fresh herbs are good with salmon?
For this whole baked salmon recipe, I used fresh dill, chives, and parsley. But salmon is so versatile almost any combination of herbs would work. Rosemary, thyme, and oregano would also be good.
How to Prep Baked Salmon
- Lemons: Thinly slice one of the lemons and cut the other into wedges. Put the lemon slices in the center of a large sheet pan, top with parsley, and drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Season: Rub the remaining oil all over the flesh side of the salmon and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the fish on top of the lemon slices.
You can bake it right away or refrigerate the tray for a few hours and then bake it.
How long do you bake salmon in the oven?
How long you bake salmon depends on the size. For a two-pound piece of fish, roast it for 15 to 20 minutes at 450° degrees. Once done, top the salmon with fresh herbs and serve it with lemon wedges.
What to Serve with Baked Salmon
Whole baked salmon with herbs pairs well with many sides. I love it with a grain, like quinoa or rice. You could also do roasted potatoes, butternut squash, or lentils. For veggies, keep it simple with a salad, roasted cauliflower, or green beans. And if you have leftover salmon, it’ll hold in the fridge for about three days. Try it in this Arugula Salmon Salad, Salmon Fried Rice, or Salmon Patties.
More Salmon Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Honey Teriyaki Salmon with Asparagus Veggie Rice Bowls
- Basil-Parmesan Crusted Salmon
- Maple Soy Glazed Salmon
- Asian Salmon Bowls
- Gochujang Glazed Salmon
Your comments are helpful! If you’ve tried this healthy Baked Salmon Recipe ror any other on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. And if you took a photo of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can reshare on my Stories!
Roasted Salmon with Fresh Herbs
- Slice 1 of the lemons thin, the second into wedges.
- Place the lemon slices on a large sheet pan arranged in the center just under the fish.
- Top with parsley sprigs and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the flesh side of the fish and rub all over, season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the pan over the lemon slices, skin side down.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Roast 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until the thickest part of the fish is cooked though in the center.
- Top with fresh herbs and serve with lemon wedges.