Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Soy Glaze (5 Ingredients)
Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Soy Glaze is a quick and easy way to cook salmon with just five ingredients! Delicious and cooks in under 10 minutes!
Air Fryer Salmon
I’m obsessed with this salmon recipe because it so quick and delicious! Cooking salmon in an air fryer results in the most tender, juicy fish, and it’s so quick and easy too! The maple soy glaze is delicious, made with just 4 ingredients; pure maple syrup, sriracha, soy sauce and garlic. The best part, this couldn’t be easier, let the fish marinate 15 to 20 minutes then air fry for 6 to 8 minutes. This is my favorite air fryer salmon recipe, but when I want something with a different flavor profile, I also love this Chili Lime Air Fryer Salmon and this Basil Parmesan Salmon. And if salmon isn’t your thing, check out all my other air fryer recipes.
I never order salmon in a restaurant because I know it comes out so much better when I make it myself, especially if I make it in the air fryer.
- If you don’t have an air fryer but want to cook this salmon, try this baked version. Or this Sheet Pan Salmon, along with any of these healthy salmon recipes.
- If you share my air fryer obsession, be sure to check out my full collection of air fryer recipes. Air Fryer Steak, Air Fryer Chicken Tenders, and Air Fryer Chicken Breasts are always on rotation in my house!
How to cook salmon in the air fryer
- If the salmon is frozen, thaw overnight in the fridge or place the sealed fish in a large bowl of cold water, until the dfish thaws.
- Cut the salmon fillet into four even pieces or buy pre-cut fillets and marinade them with maple syrup, sriracha, garlic and soy sauce 15 to 20 minutes. You can keep the skin on or remove it if you wish.
- Then spray the basket with oil or use air fryer parchment (with holes) to prevent sticking and place it in the air fryer.
- There is no need to preheat the air fryer. Depending on the thickness of the salmon the fish should take about 6-8 minutes. While it’s in the air fryer, take the marinade and reduce it into a glaze that you pour over the fish at the end. Top it with scallions or sesame seeds, if you wish – it’s delish!
What air fryer is the best?
There are so many great air fryers out there. After testing several for both of my air fryer cookbooks, I’m currently using and loving the Go Wise 7 quart air fryer (Amazon affiliate links). I like it because the basket is larger and it’s 1700 so it’s powerful!
What to serve with salmon
I like to serve the salmon with brown rice and vegetables such as broccoli, bok choy or brussels sprouts.
Helpful Tips to make salmon in the air fryer
- Spray the basket with a propellant-free oil or use air fryer parchment to prevent the skin from sticking to the basket.
- There’s no need to pre-heat to air fryer.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket so you get decent air flow.
- There is no need to flip the salmon, it will cook on both sides fine.
- To know if salmon is ready, the fish will change from translucent (red or raw) to opaque (pink) as it cooks. Check for doneness after 6 to 8 minutes of cooking, by peeking into the thickest part with a sharp knife or fork. It should flake, but still has a little translucency in the center when it’s done.
More Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love!
- Whole Chicken in the Air Fryer
- AF Asian Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp
- Chicken Chimichangas in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Soy Glaze
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce, or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 4 wild salmon fillets, skinless (6 oz each)
- Combine maple syrup, soy sauce, sriracha and garlic in a small bowl, pour into a gallon sized resealable bag and add the salmon.
- Marinate 20 to 30 minutes, turning once in a while.
- Lightly spray the basket with oil.
- Remove the fish from the marinade, reserving and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the fish in the air fryer, in batches, air fry 400F 7 to 8 minutes, or longer depending on thickness of the salmon.
- Meanwhile, pour the marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and reduce until it thickens into a glaze, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon over salmon just before eating.
- Use this skillet version if you don't have an air fryer.
Photo credit: Jess Larson