Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Soy Glaze
Healthy Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Soy Glaze is delicious, and ready in minutes!
Air Fryer Salmon
I’m obsessed with this air fryer salmon because it truly is so quick and delicious! The Skinnytaste by Vremi air fryer has replaced my oven for making salmon because it comes out perfectly juicy in minutes. Another salmon recipe I love in the air fryer that is on constant rotation in my house is this Basil Parmesan Salmon.
This recipe is a great example of how to cook easy, healthy dishes without sacrificing flavor. The maple soy glaze is delicious, made with just 4 ingredients; pure maple syrup, sriracha, soy sauce and garlic. I like to serve it with Brussels sprouts, broccoli or brown rice. The best part, this couldn’t be easier, let the fish marinate 15 to 20 minutes then air fry for 6 to 8 minutes. While it’s in the air fryer, take the marinade and reduce it into a glaze that you pour over the fish – DELISH!
How do know if salmon is cooked?
To know if salmon is ready, the fish will change from translucent (red or raw) to opaque (pink) as it cooks. Check for doneness after 6 to 8 minutes of cooking, by peeking into the thickest part with a sharp knife or fork. It should flake, but still has a little translucency in the center when it’s done.
Is salmon good in the air fryer?
The high heat of the air fryer yields perfectly cooked, juicy salmon in minutes. The best part, it only takes 3 minutes to preheat and it doesn’t heat up your whole kitchen.
Reasons I love air frying:
- Food comes out so much crispier than it does in my oven.
- It takes only three minutes to preheat, it doesn’t heat up the kitchen.
- It’s safer and healthier than deep frying and it doesn’t smoke up the whole house.
- The air fryer has now replaced my oven on most weekdays and nights, whether making hard boiled eggs, whipping up a side dish, heating up leftovers, or making dinner.
In fact, I love my air fryer so much I partnered with Vremi to co-brand my own air fryer with improvements from the one I previously owned with a larger basket, built-in presets to make life a bit easier, easy-to-clean PFOA-free nonstick coating, and of course, making it dishwasher safe which is how Skinnytaste by Vremi Air Fryer and the Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook came about.
About the Skinnytaste by Vremi Air Fryer:
DO MORE THAN FRY – You can easily fry, bake and roast using only one appliance. Our 1700W power oil-less air fryer uses hot air combined with 360° high rapid air circulation with a temperature range from 100 – 400°F to cook healthier dishes faster than with a standard oven.
DISHWASHER SAFE, NON-STICK and PFOA-FREE – The outer pot, basket and the inside of the air fryer have a black, non-stick coating for super easy cleaning. Both the outer pot and basket are dishwasher safe.
EXTRA LARGE CAPACITY – With a 5.8 QT (5.5 L) large, removable, non-stick basket, it’s large enough to cook meals for the whole family or when hosting friends. It measures 13.8 x 13.8 x 13.4 in thoughtfully designed to fit on your kitchen countertop.
DIGITAL TOUCH-SCREEN WITH 8 COOKING PRESETS – With the touch of a button, quickly select one of 8 cooking presets to easily cook french fries, pork chops, shrimp, bacon, and more. Or, set your own time and temperature when you want greater control. A built-in pre-heat function ensures the unit heats to the desired temperature before you begin to cook.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Whole Chicken in the Air Fryer
- AF Asian Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp
- Chicken Chimichangas in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Soy Glaze
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce, or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 4 wild salmon fillets, skinless (6 oz each)
- Combine maple syrup, soy sauce, sriracha and garlic in a small bowl, pour into a gallon sized resealable bag and add the salmon.
- Marinate 20 to 30 minutes, turning once in a while.
- Preheat air fryer to 400F. Lightly spray the basket with nonstick spray.
- Remove the fish from the marinade, reserving and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the fish in the air fryer, in batches, air fry 7 to 8 minutes, or longer depending on thickness of the salmon.
- Meanwhile, pour the marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and reduce until it thickens into a glaze, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon over salmon just before eating.
- Use this skillet version if you don't have an air fryer.
Photo credit: Jess Larson