For a healthier fish sandwich loaded with omega-3s, try this Air Fryer Salmon Sandwich with lemon-caper mayo!
Air Fryer Salmon Sandwich
This air fryer salmon sandwich easy to make at home, and thanks to the air fryer, healthier too. My daughter Karina loves fish sandwiches with my lemon-caper mayo, so when the only fish I had in my freezer was salmon, we decided to make it for dinner. We loved it! I don’t typically order fish sandwiches because they’re usually deep fried. But this salmon sandwich is certainly one I would order out. More air fryer salmon recipes you might also like this Chili Lime Air Fryer Salmon or this Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Glaze.
You can use fresh or frozen salmon for this recipe. If you use frozen, thaw it first. To prep the salmon, cut it into four pieces, pat it dry, and season it with salt. Then coat it in egg white and seasoned panko with a bit more salt. The panko gets so crispy in the air fryer with very little oil.
How long do I cook salmon in the air fryer?
Air frying salmon is fast. First, spray the basket with oil and lay the fish in a single layer. Spray the tops of the salmon with oil and air fry it at 400° Fahrenheit for eight minutes. Turn the fish over halfway through and cook it until it’s golden and crisp.
Salmon Sandwich Sauce
I top this crispy air fryer salmon sandwich with lemon-caper mayo and lettuce. The sauce is just as simple as it sounds. All you do is combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, and capers and refrigerate it until you’re ready to eat. You can use tartar sauce if you want to make this faster.
What to Serve with Fish Sandwiches
This is a meal in one. If you want some side dish ideas to serve with this air fried fish sandwich, here’s some ideas:
More Salmon Recipes You’ll Love:
- Parmesan-Herb Baked Salmon
- Chili-Lime Air Fryer Salmon
- Salmon Croquettes with Dill Sauce
- Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Soy Glaze
- Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
Air Fryer Salmon Fish Sandwich
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise, I like Sir Kensington
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
For the Fish:
- 16 ounces skinless salmon fillet, if frozen thawed, cut in 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned panko*, or gluten free panko
- Olive oil spray
- 4 whole wheat buns, or gluten free buns
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- Combine the ingredients for the Lemon-Caper Mayo in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel. Cut the fish into 4 pieces, about 4 x 4 inches. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Place the egg whites in a shallow bowl.
- In a second shallow bowl combine the panko with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Dip the fish into the egg whites, then the panko. Set aside.
- Spray the basket with oil. Lay the fish on the basket in a single layer, in batches as needed.
- Spray the tops of the fish with oil and air fry 400F 8 minutes, turning half way, until golden and crisp.
- Serve fish on buns with lettuce and divide the sauce.