Classic wedge salad meets chopped salad in this easy side salad dish made with lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, blue cheese and chives with a light, Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing.
I love a good wedge salad, but I find myself chopping it up so I can get all the elements on my fork at the same time, so why not just serve it chopped!
And since I’m chopping it, I can use butter or Romaine lettuce in place of Iceberg, although any lettuce would work here. Add some grilled chicken, shrimp or fish for an easy meal or serve this as a side dish with steaks, pork chops, etc.
- Try this with red leaf or green leaf or lettuce.
- If you don’t eat pork, you can use turkey bacon or omit it altogether.
- If you’re not a fan of blue cheese, you can use Gorgonzola cheese.
- You can replace the Blue Cheese Dressing with homemade Ranch Dressing.
Chopped Wedge Salad
- 6 cups chopped Romaine, Butter or Iceberg lettuce
- 2 small tomatoes, diced (or 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes)
- 5 slices cooked center cut bacon
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- chopped chives, for garnish
- Place the lettuce in a large platter, top with tomatoes, crumbled bacon, blue cheese and serve with blue cheese dressing.
- Top with chopped chives.