A simple summer tomato salad made with heirloom tomatoes, kalamata olives, red onion, extra virgin olive oil and garden fresh basil. If you can’t find heirloom tomatoes, you can use garden tomatoes instead. This is my husband’s recipe and it’s my favorite ways to eat tomatoes. Serve this as a side dish or for lunch with a nice crusty bread.
Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 kalamata olives
- fresh basil, sliced
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- In a bowl combine onions, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let it marinate about 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the tomatoes and arrange on a plate.
- Pour olive oil and onions on top and season with additional salt and pepper. Top with fresh basil.
- Divide equally in 4 plates.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.