Burst Tomato Cottage Cheese Caprese Bowl is an easy, savory, high protein lunch that doesn’t require heating up!
Cottage Cheese Caprese Bowl
I came up with this idea after buying the whole milk version of Good Culture Cottage cheese, which is the best tasting brand in my opinion. It reminded me of the inside of Burrata cheese so I figured why not enjoy this caprese style! This is SO good and makes a delicious high protein lunch! If you love this idea, you might also love this savory cottage cheese bowl or these high protein cottage cheese and scrambled eggs!
I polled my audience and asked what I should share and top of the list was high protein lunch recipes! So I started a series sharing my super simple, high protein lunch recipes on Instagram and Tik Tok and this was so popular I decided to share it here. You can see the videos of this and my other lunches!
Burst tomatoes are wonderful with cottage cheese, it taste a little like pizza! It takes about 5 minutes to make burst tomatoes in the air fryer, but you can also do them in a sheet pan in the oven and roast until they are tender. Or skip the cooking and eat them fresh.
How do you make cottage cheese taste good savory?
- Fresh Veggies – Add some fresh tomatoes, cucumbers or bell peppers.
- Season It– a drizzle of extra olive oil, salt and pepper are a must! Or drizzle on some balsamic glaze.
- Go nuts! Try adding some nuts such as almonds, pistachios, for texture.
- Fresh herbs: chop up some basil or mint to add freshness.
- Bagel It! Add some lox and everything bagel seasoning.
More High Protein Lunch Recipes You Don’t Have To Heat Up
- Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowls
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Avocado Quinoa Salad
- Tuna Egg Salad
- Tuna Salad Endive Wraps
Burst Tomato Cottage Cheese Caprese Bowl
- 1 cup Good Culture cottage cheese, I used whole, you can use 2%
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze
- fresh basil, for garnish
- pinch kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- Season tomatoes in a medium bowl with 1 teaspoon olive oil and pinch of salt. Air fry 400F 5 to 6 minutes, shaking the basket halfway, until they burst.
- Place cottage cheese in a bowl, top with tomatoes, drizzle more oil, balsamic glaze, salt, pepper, and garnish with basil.