This is the BEST Baked Oatmeal recipe with Blueberries and Bananas. It’s perfect to serve guests for breakfast, brunch, or make it ahead for the week for easy meal prep!
Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas
This is my favorite oatmeal recipe to make ahead or serve for company! It’s also great for the holidays, or you need a potluck breakfast dish. It’s a warm, satisfying, heart-healthy breakfast your whole family will love. It feels like you’re eating dessert, only it’s loaded with fiber. Other baked oatmeal recipes I love are Strawberry Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal and Pumpkin and Banana Baked Oatmeal.
What I love most about this dish is that it tastes like I am having dessert, for breakfast. In fact, if I am craving a sweet treat, I usually opt for baked oatmeal. I have seen recipes that blend the oats, but to be honest I prefer keeping them in tact, I think the texture is better.
Baked Oatmeal Variations and Tips:
- You can make this with any combination of nuts and fruit you like, the possibilities are endless!
- Make it gluten-free by using gluten-free oats, and you can make this dairy free using any milk you would normally have on hand.
- Swap the bananas for thin sliced apples and walnuts.
- Swap the blueberries for strawberries or mixed berries.
- To make ahead, you can refrigerate for 3 to 4 days.
- Reheat leftovers in the microwave for about 60 seconds, until warmed.
Is it good to eat oatmeal everyday?
Yes, it is good to eat oatmeal every day with its nutritional profile and health benefits, including heart-health. I try to eat oatmeal at least 3 to 4 days a week. It’s also a whole grain and loaded with fiber.
Blueberries are nutritional powerhouses
Blueberries are packed with compounds that can help protect your heart, brain, eyes, and more. They also contain polyphenols, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can ward off diseases like diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
More Oatmeal recipes you will love:
- Overnight Oats in a Jar
- Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- 4-Ingredient Flour-less Oat Pancakes
- Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Lace Cookies
Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas
- 2 medium ripe bananas, (the riper the better) sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey, or maple
- 1 cup uncooked quick or old fashion oats*
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup fat free milk, or any milk you desire
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Lightly spray a 8 x 8" or 9 x 9" ceramic baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on the bottom of the ceramic dish. Sprinkle half of the blueberries over the bananas, 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon, 1 tbsp of the honey and cover with foil.
- Bake 15 minutes, until the bananas get soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the oats, half of nuts, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, and salt; stir together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining honey, milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Remove the bananas from the oven, then pour the oat mixture over the bananas and blueberries.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oats, making sure to distribute the mixture as evenly as possible over the oats. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries and walnuts over the the top.
- Bake the oatmeal for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal has set. Serve warm from the oven. Cut in 6 pieces.
828 comments on “Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas”
This is delicious! Made it exactly like the recipient. Turned out perfectly!
All four of my kiddos love this breakfast dish and in our house its known as breakfast cake! I usually double the recipe so there is plenty for everyone.
I love this recipe. I am trying something new today. Since I’m the only one who eats this and it taste better coming straight out of the oven, I made the recipe and put it in individual ramekins. I’m going to flash freeze them and then pull them out when I want one, defrost it and cook it in the oven. I’m also going to try cooking it from Frozen and see how that works. I love making up things ahead of time. Crossing my fingers.
I have been making your recipe for a few years and love it! Having it again today. Perfect on this cold morning 😍
I followed the recipe exactly and it came out soggy. I’ll try one more time with less milk. Not very good and very disappointing.
Sorry you didn’t like it, its a favorite in my house!
Smelling yummy. Needed to use up my bananas. Tired of banana bread. Hope this tastes like it smells
Absolutely delicious and so easy to make.
Delicious and easy to make. My husband the pickiest eater loved it too!! Thanks for the recipe!!
Glad you both enjoyed it!
Delish, thank you! The only change I made was doubling the chopped nuts (pecans) because I love them. Ate it piping hot out of the oven with some cold milk. Yum.
Third time making this! I have double the batch twice! Perfect for breakfast prep or just a treat! So delish and easy!
This is sooooo good!!! We even eat it cold the next day!!!
I have 2 kids who love this baked oatmeal! They can eat a whole pan of this in no time. I’ve made it so many times and usually double the batch so I can freeze some in individual portions for a quick healthy breakfast on busy school mornings. I’ve made many different variations and it’s always yummy!
What do you freeze individual portions in? This would help my house out a ton?
Love this baked oatmeal. I make it each week as meal prep
Fantastic!!!! I did a few swaps to reduce calories: slivered almonds instead of pecans, cut the maple syrup in half, did a mix of raspberries and blueberries, and 1/4 cup egg whites instead of one whole egg.
I make this once a week for breakfast food prep. Sometimes I use strawberries instead of bananas. Always delicious!
I made this recipe 3 times and it’s been a big hit. I make it exactly as written and we find the sweetness is perfect.
Is Egg and Milk needed?
I liked these when I made them the first time, but tasted a bit of egg. And I hate the taste of eggs.
Yummy with some greek yogurt and a little honey on top!
I found this slightly bland. I may add more spices next time.
“Bake the oatmeal for about 30 minutes”….
Covered or uncovered?
This recipe is absolutely delishous and such a tasty decadent breakfast treat!
Yummy. I added cardamon
Can rolled oats be used instead of quick or old fashioned oats?
This is a staple recipe in our house. My spouse doesn’t love bananas so I replace with apples and it’s just as tasty.
Can you add protein powder?
I do all the time. Bump up the protein 💪
Awesome! Took it to the office and everyone loved it! Can I freeze it?
Love the recipe tasty and filling
First time I made this recipe it was runny. This time I used 2 cups of oatmeal and it came out perfect. So good!!
I made this more WW friendly by substituting Sukrin gold honey alternative syrup & Julian Bakery protein granola instead of the nuts. 2ww points per serving. 🤩
Love this recipe. Bake it, cool it, cut it and freeze. Perfect for grabbing it frozen on my way out the door in the morning. Thaws quickly so then I put in the microwave just to warm it or eat it at my desk at room temperature.
I mix everything together and bake. Saves a step plus only one bowl and it turns out great
Thanks for saying you freeze it ! I’m the only one who eats it and can’t eat all of this in 3-4 days !