Bangin’ Grilled Shrimp Skewers
I’ve had it on my mind to turn my popular Banging Good Shrimp recipe into a summer dish you can make right on the grill. Now that the weather is warmer, we’ve been grilling almost every night. The excitement of being able to grill again and not dirty my kitchen is always great!
These shrimp skewers are the bomb! The spicy, salty, sweet combination of the creamy chili sauce is what makes them so good. I actually doubled the sauce recipe to see what else I can add it to this week!
These make a fabulous appetizer, 2 skewers would be a perfect starter to any party paired with Asian Cabbage Mango Slaw or you could turn it into a weeknight meal served over Edamame Fried Rice. Enjoy!!
Bangin' Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 2 1/2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp scallions, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha, or to taste
For the Shrimp:
- 40 large, 12.8 oz raw shrimp, shelled and deveined (weight after peeled)
- fresh cracked pepper
- oil spray
- Combine the mayo, scallions, sweet chili sauce and sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Soak wooden skewers in water at least 20 minutes (or use metal ones to avoid this step).
- Season shrimp lightly pepper.
- Place 5 shrimp on 8 skewers.
- Heat a clean, lightly oiled grill to medium heat, when the grill is hot add the shrimp, careful not to burn the skewers.
- Grill on both sides for about 6 - 8 minutes total cooking time or until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through.
- Set shrimp aside on a platter and quickly brush sauce onto the shrimp; serve immediately.