Bang Bang Grilled Shrimp Skewers
These Bang Bang Grilled Shrimp Skewers are the bomb! The spicy, salty, sweet combination of the creamy chili sauce is what makes them so good.
Bangin’ Grilled Shrimp Skewers
I’ve had it on my mind to turn my popular Bangin Good Shrimp recipe into an easy summer dish, skewers grilled to perfection. Now that the weather is warmer, we’ve been grilling almost every night. The excitement of being able to grill again and not dirty my kitchen is always great!
These make a fabulous appetizer, 2 skewers would be a perfect starter to any party paired with Asian Cabbage Mango Slaw or you could turn it into a weeknight meal served over Edamame Fried Rice. Enjoy!!
What is the best way to grill shrimp?
The easiest way to grill shrimp are on skewers. This makes it easy to flip and serve without any falling through the grill. My tip to using wooden skewers is soaking them in water, prior to grilling, for at least 20 minutes. This prevents it from burning and cooking along with the food.
How To Make Bang Bang Grilled Shrimp Skewers
More Shrimp Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Creamy Shrimp and Celery Salad
- Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Shrimp Scampi
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Shrimp Fajita Bowls
Bangin' Grilled Shrimp Skewers
For the Sauce:
- 2 1/2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp scallions, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha, or to taste
For the Shrimp:
- 40 large, 12.8 oz raw shrimp, shelled and deveined (weight after peeled)
- fresh cracked pepper
- oil spray
- Combine the mayo, scallions, sweet chili sauce and sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Soak wooden skewers in water at least 20 minutes (or use metal ones to avoid this step).
- Season shrimp lightly pepper.
- Place 5 shrimp on 8 skewers.
- Heat a clean, lightly oiled grill to medium heat, when the grill is hot add the shrimp, careful not to burn the skewers.
- Grill on both sides for about 6 - 8 minutes total cooking time or until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through.
- Set shrimp aside on a platter and quickly brush sauce onto the shrimp; serve immediately.