Bangin Good Shrimp- A healthier, slimmed down copycat recipe of Bonefish Grill’s very popular Bang Bang shrimp recipe.
Bang Bang Shrimp
This shrimp is out-of-this-world good, made with stir fried shrimp mixed with a creamy, sweet and spicy chili sauce served on a bed of shredded lettuce and purple cabbage topped with scallions. Takes only 10 minutes to whip up which makes this perfect for lunch, as an appetizer or even a light meal.
What is Bang Bang Sauce?
It’s simply three ingredients, mayonnaise, sriracha and Thai Sweet chili sauce. You can adjust the heat to your comfort level. To lighten it, I used less mayo and opted for Hellman’s light. Since shrimp is naturally a low-calorie, zero point food, this dish is easy to fit into a healthy lifestyle.
This Bonefish Grill Bang Bang shrimp knock-off is also great as tacos. To make them, heat up some corn tortillas and pile everything on top. Also great as a pizza topping, and I’ve also made this with chicken, for those of you who don’t like shrimp. The sauce is so good, you’ll want to make it again and again.
With the popularity of Thai food, ingredients like Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and Sriracha are very common ingredients and easy to find in your local supermarket or even stores like Target depending on where you live.
Thai inspired recipes may also enjoy:
- Bangin Good Chicken Salad
- Bangin Good Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Thai Chicken Peanut Lettuce Tacos
- Thai Basil Chicken
- Shrimp Pad Thai on the Lighter Side
Bangin Good Shrimp
For the Shrimp:
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined (weight after peeled)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce, or butter lettuce
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 4 tbsp scallions, chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce and Sriracha. Set aside.
- Combine lettuce and cabbage and divide between four plates. Set aside.
- Coat shrimp with cornstarch, mixing well with your hands.
- Heat a large skillet or wok on high heat, when hot add oil. When oil is hot add the shrimp to hot pan and cook tossing a few times until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and combine with the sauce coating well.
- Place shrimp on lettuce and top with scallions.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.