Bang Bang Chicken Salad
Bang Bang Chicken Salad is delicious, made with tender chunks of breaded chicken baked until golden topped with delicious Bang Bang sauce. I served this over mixed greens and swooned with every bite!
This is a fun spin on Bang Bang Shrimp recipe. I basically modified my Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets and topped it with this banging good sauce. Results… AMAZING!! And it’s SO easy to make, I promise! You can easily halve the recipe for two. Oven or air fryer directions.
More Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Bangin Good Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Thai Chicken Peanut Lettuce Tacos
- Thai Basil Chicken
- Shrimp Pad Thai on the Lighter Side
Bang Bang Chicken Salad
Here’s an EASY dinner solution: tender chunks of chicken, breaded and baked until golden topped with Bang Bang sauce. I served this over mixed greens and swooned with every bite!
- olive oil spray (I used my Misto)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp whole wheat or gluten-free Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp plain or gluten-free panko
- 16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 24 1-inch chunks
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded romaine
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
For the Skinny Bang Bang Sauce:
- 2 1/2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp scallions, chopped fine plus more for topping
- 1 1/2 tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs and panko in another.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.
- Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 – 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 – 5 minutes or until cooked though.
- Meanwhile combine the sauce in a medium bowl. When the chicken is ready, drizzle it over the top and enjoy!!
To make in the air fryer:
- In batches, cook the chicken in a pre-heated air fryer 400F 8 minutes, turning halfway.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 6 pieces chicken + salad
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 4
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 245 calories
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Sodium: 224mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 29g