When you want to switch up your guacamole game, this easy crab guacamole is the best! Perfect for any dinner or party app, I served them with Beanitos Black Bean chips which I love, but any baked chip would be perfect!
We make guacamole a lot in my house, it’s one of the few ways I can get Madison to eat avocados. For a crab-less version, you can check out my Best Guacamole Recipe. You may also enjoy Guacamole Deviled Eggs or Breaded Chicken Cutlets with Deconstructed Guacamole.
Variations of this crab guacamole can be made with imitation crab or lobster.
- 8 oz from 2 small haas diced avocados, coarsely mashed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 6 oz canned lump crabmeat, drained
- In a medium bowl combine avocados, red onions, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and, if desired, hot pepper sauce.
- Fold in crabmeat.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap; chill until ready to use (up to 6 hours). Serve with tortilla chips.