Best Guacamole Recipe
This Guacamole Recipe is easy to make with only 5 ingredients!
The simplest Guacamole Recipe, with 5 ingredients it doesn’t get any easier! Guacamole is a healthy dip – a staple at every gathering and a must when we have taco nights! Tommy is always in charge of making the guac, and he has converted many non-avocado lovers with this recipe.
How to make perfect guacamole:
- The trick is to a good guacamole is leave large chunks of avocado; don’t puree or mash them thoroughly.
- Having the perfect balance of lime juice, red onion and salt is essential.
- If you like it spicy, you can certainly add some diced jalapeño, some people also like to add diced tomato which is fine, but we like it just like this!
Tips For Making Guacamole Ahead:
- Guacamole really is best when made fresh. But, if need to make it a little ahead of time, put the pits in the bowl with it, along with some cut up lime wedges and cover it tightly with plastic wrap on the surface of the guacamole.
- Adding extra lime juice help prevent browning.
- I recommend making it the same day, but if you must this should keep 1 or two days. If the top browns, scrape the top and the rest should be green.
Avocados may be high in fat, but they have the good essential healthy fats which we should consume every day. They are also high in fiber, rich in vitamin B, E and K and have 60 percent more potassium than bananas. I love avocado so much I created an entire Avocado Obsessed Pinterest board in their honor.
Best Guacamole Recipe
Super easy, only 5 ingredients.
- 15 oz (from 3 medium hass) pitted and halved avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup red onion, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, mashed
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- kosher salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Place the pulp from the avocados in a medium bowl and slightly mash with a fork or a potato masher leaving some large chunks. Add lime juice, salt, pepper, cilantro, red onion, garlic and mix thoroughly.
- If you are serving this at a later time, a great tip to keep the guacamole from turning brown is to cover tightly with plastic wrap so no air gets on it. Makes 2 cups.
Yield: 8 Servings, Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 3
- Points +: 3
- Calories: 93 calories
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 75mg
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 1g