Avocado Egg Rolls and The Skinnytaste By Vremi Air Fryer
These easy Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls are inspired by the Cheesecake Factory egg rolls, only healthier because they are not fried.
Avocado Egg Rolls
If you like guacamole, you’ll love these avocado egg rolls! A variation of these air fryer buffalo chicken egg rolls! The avocado filling is so delicious I would even serve it as a salad. It’s made with sun dried tomatoes and red onion, lime juice and cilantro.
The first time I tried these in the Cheesecake Factory I knew I wanted to recreate them. The ones at Cheesecake Factory are served with a tamarind cashew sauce. Rather than making it complicated, I went with a sweet and spicy aioli-esque sauce. With the sauce, it’s 4 points for each egg roll. Without the sauce, it’s 3 points each.
Reasons I love air frying:
- Food comes out so much crispier than it does in my oven.
- It takes only three minutes to preheat, it doesn’t heat up the kitchen.
- It’s safer and healthier than deep frying and it doesn’t smoke up the whole house.
- The air fryer has now replaced my oven on most weekdays and nights, whether making hard boiled eggs, whipping up a side dish, heating up leftovers, or making dinner.
In fact, I love it so much I decided to partner with Vremi to brand my own air fryer with improvements from the one I previously owned with a larger basket, built-in presets to make life a bit easier, easy-to-clean PFOA-free nonstick coating, and of course, making it dishwasher safe which is how Skinnytaste by Vremi Air Fryer and the Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook came about.
About the Skinnytaste by Vremi Air Fryer:
DO MORE THAN FRY – You can easily fry, bake and roast using only one appliance. Our 1700W power oil-less air fryer uses hot air combined with 360° high rapid air circulation with a temperature range from 100 – 400°F to cook healthier dishes faster than with a standard oven.
DISHWASHER SAFE, NON-STICK and PFOA-FREE – The outer pot, basket and the inside of the air fryer have a black, non-stick coating for super easy cleaning. Both the outer pot and basket are dishwasher safe.
EXTRA LARGE CAPACITY – With a 5.8 QT (5.5 L) large, removable, non-stick basket, it’s large enough to cook meals for the whole family or when hosting friends. It measures 13.8 x 13.8 x 13.4 in thoughtfully designed to fit on your kitchen countertop.
DIGITAL TOUCH-SCREEN WITH 8 COOKING PRESETS – With the touch of a button, quickly select one of 8 cooking presets to easily cook french fries, pork chops, shrimp, bacon, and more. Or, set your own time and temperature when you want greater control. A built-in pre-heat function ensures the unit heats to the desired temperature before you begin to cook.
Avocado Egg Rolls with Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 12 ounces from 3 medium Hass avocados, cubed
- Juice from 1-2 small limes
- ¼ cup chopped sundried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained
- 2/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- Small bowl of water for sealing
- Olive or canola oil spray
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- A few dashes of sriracha, plus more to taste
Air Fryer Directions:
- In a medium bowl, combine avocado, lime juice, sundried tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- One at a time, place egg roll wrapper on a clean surface, points facing top and bottom like a diamond.
- Spoon ¼ cup mixture onto the bottom third of the wrapper.
- Dip your finger in a small bowl of water and run it along the edges of the wrapper.
- Lift the point nearest you and wrap it around the filling. Fold the left and right corners in toward the center and continue to roll into a tight cylinder.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Spray all sides of the egg rolls with oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F. In batches, cook 400F for 6 minutes, turning halfway through, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce and sriracha and serve on the side for dipping.
To Bake In The Oven:
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a sheet pan with oil.
- Transfer the egg rolls to the baking sheet and cook until browned and crisp, about 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway.
Photo credit: Jess Larson