Crispy Avocado Egg Rolls (Air Fryer or Oven)
These easy Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls are inspired by the Cheesecake Factory egg rolls, only healthier because they are not fried.
Avocado Egg Rolls (air fryer or oven)
They are also so much cheaper to make yourself! If you like guacamole, you’ll love these avocado egg rolls! A variation of these air fryer buffalo chicken egg rolls! The avocado filling is so delicious I would even serve it as a salad. It’s made with sun dried tomatoes and red onion, lime juice and cilantro.
The first time I tried these in the Cheesecake Factory I knew I wanted to recreate them. The ones at Cheesecake Factory are served with a tamarind cashew sauce. Rather than making it complicated, I went with a sweet and spicy aioli-esque sauce. With the sauce, it’s 4 points for each egg roll. Without the sauce, it’s 3 points each.
Variations and Tips
- You can use spring roll wrappers in place of egg roll wrappers.
- Lots of questions about freezing. I have not tried this personally with these eggrolls, but I do this with my other recipes so I think it would be fine. I would freeze them uncooked.
How To Make
Avocado Egg Rolls with Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 12 ounces from 3 medium Hass avocados, cubed
- Juice from 1-2 small limes
- ¼ cup chopped sundried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained
- 2/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- Small bowl of water for sealing
- Olive or canola oil spray
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- A few dashes of sriracha, plus more to taste
Air Fryer Directions:
- In a medium bowl, combine avocado, lime juice, sundried tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- One at a time, place egg roll wrapper on a clean surface, points facing top and bottom like a diamond.
- Spoon ¼ cup mixture onto the bottom third of the wrapper.
- Dip your finger in a small bowl of water and run it along the edges of the wrapper.
- Lift the point nearest you and wrap it around the filling. Fold the left and right corners in toward the center and continue to roll into a tight cylinder.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Spray all sides of the egg rolls with oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F. In batches, cook 400F for 6 minutes, turning halfway through, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce and sriracha and serve on the side for dipping.
To Bake In The Oven:
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a sheet pan with oil.
- Transfer the egg rolls to the baking sheet and cook until browned and crisp, about 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway.
Photo credit: Jess Larson