Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Guacamole Deviled Eggs are a healthy appetizer made with eggs, avocado, cilantro and lime juice. Loaded with a good dose of healthy fats and perfect for any dietary restriction – vegetarian, gluten-free, weight watchers, low-carb, paleo, keto and more!
My mom adds hard boiled eggs to her guacamole, so I thought why not add guacamole to hard boiled eggs? The results were lovely, and since I was testing them out for the blog, I actually enjoyed them for lunch. Of course, if you wish you can also stick with this Classic Deviled Eggs recipe.
This is a fun, “clean” deviled egg recipe perfect to eat as a snack or appetizer. Typically deviled eggs are made with mayonnaise, mustard and dijon mustard, so how do you make them without mayonnaise? Instead this healthier version is filled with avocado guacamole. You can prep the eggs ahead by boiling them (see how with this perfect hard boiled egg recipe here) or make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs, then cut the eggs in half lengthwise until you’re ready to fill them. To avoid browning, make the guacamole just before you’re ready to serve.
Guacamole Deviled Eggs
My mom adds hard boiled eggs to her guacamole, so I thought why not add guacamole to hard boiled eggs? The results were lovely, and since I was testing them out for the blog, I actually enjoyed them for lunch.
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled (recipe here)
- 1 medium haas avocado (about 5 oz)
- 2-3 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeno
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp diced tomato
- pinch chile powder (for garnish)
- Peel the cooled hard boiled eggs.
- Cut the eggs in half horizontally, and set the yolks aside.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and 2 whole egg yolks; discard the rest.
- Mix in lime juice, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, salt and pepper and adjust to taste. Gently fold in tomato.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls of the guacamole into the 12 halved eggs.
- Sprinkle with a little chile powder for color and arrange on a platter.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 2 halves
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 1
- Points +: 2
- Calories: 88 calories
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 60mg
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 5g