These Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs are ready in just 10 minutes and come out perfectly every time. Ideal for making deviled eggs, egg salad, and more. Prefer soft boiled eggs? Instructions for those included too!
Easy Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Want to know how to make perfect hard boiled or soft boiled eggs in the Instant Pot? This simple formula will give you perfect, easier to peel eggs every time.
All you need is water, eggs, and an Instant Pot. 10 minutes later, you have perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs ready to run under water and peel.
Of course, if you prefer to make them on the stove you can use this foolproof Hard Boiled Eggs recipe.
Why These Are The Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
Here are a few reasons to love these Instant Pot boiled eggs.
- Quick and easy. It takes just 10 minutes to prepare a batch of these eggs.
- Perfectly cooked every time. The eggs are always cooked exactly the right amount. You never have to worry about a runny yolk (unless that’s what you want!).
- Easy to peel. These Instant Pot eggs are super easy to peel, especially if you rinse and peel them immediately. No more fighting with egg shells!
Soft Boiled vs Hard Boiled Eggs
The major difference between hard boiled and soft boiled eggs is the yolk. As you can likely assume from the name, soft boiled eggs feature a soft, slightly runny yolk, while hard boiled eggs feature a firm, fully cooked yolk.
They can both be used in similar ways, as it’s a lot about preference. I’ll share below how to easily make both.
What You’ll Need
Eggs and water are the only things you’ll need to make these Instant Pot boiled eggs.
- Eggs – This recipe makes 4 eggs, as that’s what fits comfortably in my Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot rack – You will need to use the rack that comes with your Instant Pot to place the eggs on.
How To Make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
The process for making hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot is super easy – and much quicker than preparing them on the stovetop too!
- Hard boiled eggs – To make hard boiled eggs in the Instant pot, place the eggs on the rack and add the water. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes, then natural release for 5 minutes. Then use the quick release, placing a towel over the valve so the steam doesn’t escape. Quickly run the eggs under cold running water until you can hold them. Peel immediately.
- Soft boiled eggs – To make soft boiled eggs in the Instant Pot, follow the same instructions as above. Just reduce the cook to 3 minutes on high pressure and you can skip the natural release.
Tips for Success
Here are a few tips for making boiled eggs in the Instant Pot.
- Cover the steam valve. When you change from natural release to quick release, quickly cover the opening with a towel to prevent steam from getting everything wet. (And remember – that steam is hot!)
- Run under water immediately. As soon as the eggs are done cooking, run them under a cold stream of water until they are cool to the touch.
- Peel immediately. Eggs are easiest to peel right after cooking, so don’t wait. You can store the peeled eggs for several days in the fridge, so no worries if you aren’t using them immediately.
- Don’t use fresh eggs. The best eggs for hard boiled eggs are those that are several days old. Fresh eggs do not peel as well, no matter how perfectly you cook them.
Ways To Use Hard Boiled Eggs
There are so many ways to use these Instant Pot eggs! Here are a few ideas:
- I always keep a batch of hard boiled eggs on hand in my refrigerator for breakfast on the go, add to salads, etc.
- Have you tried a breakfast salad? I first had one a few years ago and think it’s genius. I prefer to make them with soft boiled eggs, but you can use whatever you like.
- Make deviled eggs. Or for a twist on the classic, guacamole deviled eggs.
- Make a healthier egg salad by swapping mayo for mashed avocado.
- Top them on your avocado toast.
- Use them to whip up a quick egg sandwich, like my daughter Karina’s favorite egg sandwich.
- Add them to mason jar salads for protein
How Long Do Hard Boiled Eggs Last?
Hard boiled eggs will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week. Keep them in an airtight container.
Soft boiled eggs are best enjoyed immediately.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
How to Make Perfect Eggs in the Instant Pot
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- rack that comes with the Instant Pot
- Place the rack in the bottom of the pot. Pour the water in the pot. Place the eggs on the rack.
Soft Boiled Eggs:
- High pressure on manual 3 minutes. Quick release placing a towel over the valve so steam doesn’t get everywhere, then quickly run the eggs under cold running water until cool enough to hold. Peel right away.
Hard Boiled Eggs:
- High pressure on manual 5 minutes. Natural release 5 minutes then use quick release placing a towel over the valve so steam doesn’t get everywhere, then quickly run the eggs under cold running water until cool enough to hold. Peel right away.