Perfect Instant Pot Soft and Hard Boiled Eggs
How to Make Perfect Soft and Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot that are easy to peel!
Instant Pot Eggs
Want to know how to make perfect hard boiled or soft boiled eggs in the Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker/slow cooker/steamer-in-one)? This simple formula will give you perfect, easier to peel eggs every time. Of course, if you prefer to make them on the stove you can use this foolproof Hard Boiled Eggs recipe.
A few ways I like to use hard boiled eggs:
- I always keep a batch of hard boiled eggs on hand in my refrigerator for breakfast on the go, add to salads, etc.
- Have you tried a breakfast salad? I first had one a few years ago and think it’s genius. I prefer to make them with soft boiled eggs, but you can use whatever you like.
- Make deviled eggs. Or for a twist on the classic, guacamole deviled eggs.
- Make a healthier egg salad by swapping mayo for mashed avocado.
- Top them on your avocado toast.
- Use them to whip up a quick egg sandwich, this is my daughter Karina’s favorite egg sandwich.
- Add them to mason jar salads for protein, this is one of my favorites.
Instant Pot Tips
- Lock the steam valve before pressure cooking. Pressure will never build if the valve is turned to venting.
- Don’t fill the pot more than two-thirds full with any liquid or stew. Keep in mind some foods expand, such as rice and oatmeal.
- If your food is undercooked, re-cover the pot, lock the steam valve, re-pressurize, and cook again for a few extra minutes.
How to Make Perfect Soft and Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot
How to Make Perfect Eggs in the Instant Pot
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- rack that comes with the Instant Pot
- Place the rack in the bottom of the pot. Pour the water in the pot. Place the eggs on the rack.
Soft Boiled Eggs:
- High pressure on manual 3 minutes. Quick release placing a towel over the valve so steam doesn't get everywhere, then quickly run the eggs under cold running water until cool enough to hold. Peel right away.
Hard Boiled Eggs:
- High pressure on manual 5 minutes. Natural release 5 minutes then use quick release placing a towel over the valve so steam doesn't get everywhere, then quickly run the eggs under cold running water until cool enough to hold. Peel right away.