A protein-packed meatless salad in a jar made with quinoa, lentils, grape tomatoes, arugula, avocado and hard boiled eggs are perfect to pack for work, the beach, picnics, or anywhere you need a portable lunch on-the-go!
This was inspired by a similar lunch I had last week in Manhattan. It was so delicious and simple I made it the next day and share with my cousin, who loved it! I made a simple lemon vinaigrette and placed the avocados in the bottom of the jar to keep them from browning and it worked like a charm. I usually cook up a batch of quinoa to throw in salads throughout the week and bought cooked lentils from Trader Joe’s which made this salad come together quick. Perfect for vegetarians who are always looking for ways to get more protein in their diet or anyone who wants to incorporate more plant based foods in their diet.
Protein Egg and Quinoa Salad Jars
- 1/2 large lemon
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper
- 3 oz avocado, 1/2 med haas
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils, I bought them at Trader Joes
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 large eggs, hard boiled
- Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and divide in 2 pint sized mason jars. In this order, layer the avocado, lentils, quinoa, tomatoes, arugula and egg dividing equally. Close jar and refrigerate for up to 2 days. To eat, shake well and pour onto a plate and eat!