Instant Pot Baked Oatmeal Bars
Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal in the Instant Pot? Yes! It’s a delicious breakfast/brunch or dessert, and perfect for meal prep!
Instant Pot Baked Oatmeal Bars
If you love baked oatmeal as much as I do, you’ll love this Instant Pot version made with bananas, cinnamon, dates, coconut, maple and chia seeds. It’s delicious and loaded with fiber and is vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free. For more pressure cooker ideas, you can see all my Instant Pot recipes here.
This Instant Pot Oatmeal Banana Bar recipe is from Vegan Richa’s Instant Pot Cookbook; 150 Plant-based Recipes from Indian Cuisine and Beyond by Richa Hingle. Her book has so many wonderful vegan recipes for the Instant Pot, but I was really curious about this recipe which is actually in her dessert chapter. It was so easy to make and was so delicious, I had it for breakfast all week! I loved the addition of chia seeds and dates.
Richa says “I am not a big fan of gooey oatmeal, so I try to use it in recipes like this bar. This is a banana bread oatmeal bar. It has nuts and dates and makes for a great breakfast. The chopped pecan and cinnamon give it nice crumb-like topping.”
This recipe using the pot-in pot method. You will need an Instant Pot, the wire metal steamer rack that comes with your instant pot, and a 6 1/2 to 7 inch round glass, ceramic, metal or stoneware baking dish. I used the one that came as a set with my air fryer accessories.
• You can make this nut-free: Simply omit the pecans.
• To make this Oat-free: she suggests using rice flakes or quinoa flakes instead of oats.
Refrigerate up to 4 days.
More Instant Pot Recipe You will Love
- Instant Pot Baked Ziti
- Instant Pot Risotto
- How To Make Perfect Quinoa in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Quick Beef Chili
Instant Pot Oatmeal Banana Bars3
- coconut or olive oil spray
- 1 large ripe banana, about 1 cup mashed
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened nondairy milk, such as almond or oat
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, (80 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons chopped pecans, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped dates or raisins, optional
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Chopped pecans
- Ground cinnamon
- Pour 1 1/2 cups water into the Instant Pot.
- Oil a 6 1/2- to 7-inch round metal, glass, ceramic, or stoneware baking pan. (I used the one I bought for my air fryer)
- In a large bowl, mash the banana very well until there are no lumps. Add the milk and maple syrup and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the pecans, the coconut, dates or raisins, if using, and chia seeds.
- Add to the mashed banana and mix to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and even it out with a spatula. Sprinkle with cinnamon and place the pan on a trivet or rack.
- Cover with foil and then lower the trivet into the Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid into place, set the Pressure Release Knob to Sealing, cook at high pressure 35 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is done, let the pressure release naturally. Using silicone mini mitts, carefully remove the trivet with the pan and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Use a knife to loosen the sides and slice into 4 pieces.
- Top with the remaining chopped pecans and cinnamon, and serve. The bars can be stored, refrigerated in a closed container, for up to 5 days.