Banana bread oatmeal in the Instant Pot? Yes! With this Instant Pot Baked Oatmeal Bars recipe, you can make oatmeal breakfast bars with just a few minutes of hands-on time. They’re a delicious breakfast/brunch or dessert, and perfect for meal prep!
Easy Instant Pot Baked Oatmeal Bars
If you love baked oatmeal as much as I do, you’ll love this Instant Pot version made with bananas, cinnamon, dates, coconut, maple and chia seeds. It’s delicious and loaded with fiber and is vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free. For more pressure cooker ideas, you can see all my Instant Pot recipes here.
This Instant Pot Oatmeal Bars recipe is from Vegan Richa’s Instant Pot Cookbook; 150 Plant-based Recipes from Indian Cuisine and Beyond by Richa Hingle. Her book has so many wonderful vegan recipes for the Instant Pot, but I was really curious about this recipe which is actually in her dessert chapter. It was so easy to make and was so delicious, I had it for breakfast all week! I loved the addition of chia seeds and dates.
Richa says “I am not a big fan of gooey oatmeal, so I try to use it in recipes like this bar. This is a banana bread oatmeal bar. It has nuts and dates and makes for a great breakfast. The chopped pecan and cinnamon give it nice crumb-like topping.”
The Instant Pot makes this recipe so easy and may be my favorite way to cook oats now, including steel cut oats. And if you love these oatmeal breakfast bars, be sure to check out my blueberry baked oatmeal too.
This recipe using the pot-in pot method. You will need an Instant Pot, the wire metal steamer rack that comes with your instant pot, and a 6 1/2 to 7 inch round glass, ceramic, metal or stoneware baking dish. I used the one that came as a set with my air fryer accessories.
How to Make This Oatmeal Bars Recipe
These oatmeal breakfast bars are easy to prepare, with just a few minutes of hands-on time.
- Make the banana mixture. Mash a banana until there are no lumps then combine with the milk and maple separate.
- Make the oat mixture. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add to the mashed banana and mix to combine.
- Cook. Transfer to a greased pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle with cinnamon and place on a trivet or cake. Cover with foil, then add to the Instant Pot. Lock the lid, transfer the knob to sealing, and cook on high for 35 minutes. Allow to manually release.
- Cool and slice. Remove the trivet and pan from the Instant Pot. Cool for 15 minutes, then use a knife to loosen the sides and slice into 4 pieces.
- Enjoy. Top with chopped pecans and cinnamon, then serve.
Here are a few easy ways to customize your oatmeal bars recipe.
• You can make this nut-free: Simply omit the pecans.
• To make this Oat-free: she suggests using rice flakes or quinoa flakes instead of oats.
Can You Make These Oatmeal Breakfast Bars in Advance?
Yes, this oatmeal bars recipe is perfect for making in advance. Prepare as directed above, allow to cool completely, and refrigerate in an airtight container. They’ll last for up to 5 days, so you can have an easy breakfast on the go all week long.
More Instant Pot Recipe You will Love
- Instant Pot Baked Ziti
- Instant Pot Risotto
- How To Make Perfect Quinoa in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Quick Beef Chili
Instant Pot Oatmeal Banana Bars
- coconut or olive oil spray
- 1 large ripe banana, about 1 cup mashed
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened nondairy milk, such as almond or oat
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, (80 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons chopped pecans, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped dates or raisins, optional
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Chopped pecans
- Ground cinnamon
- Pour 1 1/2 cups water into the Instant Pot.
- Oil a 6 1/2- to 7-inch round metal, glass, ceramic, or stoneware baking pan. (I used the one I bought for my air fryer)
- In a large bowl, mash the banana very well until there are no lumps. Add the milk and maple syrup and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the pecans, the coconut, dates or raisins, if using, and chia seeds.
- Add to the mashed banana and mix to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and even it out with a spatula. Sprinkle with cinnamon and place the pan on a trivet or rack.
- Cover with foil and then lower the trivet into the Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid into place, set the Pressure Release Knob to Sealing, cook at high pressure 35 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is done, let the pressure release naturally. Using silicone mini mitts, carefully remove the trivet with the pan and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Use a knife to loosen the sides and slice into 4 pieces.
- Top with the remaining chopped pecans and cinnamon, and serve. The bars can be stored, refrigerated in a closed container, for up to 5 days.