This zesty Sous Vide Chicken Salad is fresh and delicious, made with the juiciest chicken breast, avocados, lime juice, and cilantro – and no mayo!
Sous Vide Chicken Breast Salad
I’ve been getting requests for sous vide recipes, well I finally tried it and now I know what all the fuss is about! This is hands down, the juiciest chicken breast I ever made! I took that chicken breast and turned it into a delicious salad Tommy couldn’t stop eating! It’s loaded with protein and fiber and is the perfect lunch for the warmer weather. You can use this sous vide chicken in any of my other chicken salad recipes such as this Chicken Salad with Lemon and Dill or this Chicken Waldorf Salad.
I was excited when Pampered Chef reached out about partnering with me with their new Deluxe Multi Cooker it’s a fantastic time-saving tool with 16 different functions, including a slow cooker, pressure cooker, and sous vide. Plus, you can sear, sterilize, and cook rice, among many other things, in this multi-use appliance. I was most excited to try the sous vide function, and decided to make chicken breast, one of the hardest proteins to make right.
What is sous vide?
For the juiciest chicken breast, nothing is better than using a sous vide. Sous vide is when you cook food in a sealed bag in a water bath at a steady temperature, which slowly and evenly cooks the food.
To sous vide chicken breast for salad, you select the temperature, and it cooks to the exact doneness you want without ever overcooking it. After it’s cooked, the chicken can stay in the sous vide for up to two hours, giving you lots of flexibility for serving.
How long do you cook chicken breast in a sous vide?
To make the juiciest sous vide chicken breast, set the sous vide to 145°F and cook the chicken breast for 2 hours.
How to Meal Prep Chicken Salad
If you want to make this sous vide chicken salad ahead, make the recipe as is but leave out the avocados. Then add them right before serving so they don’t brown. The chicken salad will last up to three days in the fridge.
How to Serve Chicken Salad
There are many ways you could eat this easy chicken salad, which can be served at room temperature or chilled.
- Sandwich: Make a sandwich using your favorite wheat bread or pita.
- Wrap: Stuff a wheat tortilla with the chicken mixture.
- Salad: Top mixed greens with chicken salad and add cherry tomatoes and cucumbers for extra veggies.
- As a Main: Serve the chicken salad as the main dish with a side, like this Corn Tomato Avocado Salad or Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa, and Mango Salad.
- If you don’t like cilantro, skip it or use your favorite herb.
- If you don’t have a sous vide, you can poach the chicken, following the instructions in this chicken salad recipe. It will not be nearly as juicy, but it will work.
More Chicken Breast Recipes You’ll Love:
- Chicken Breasts with Hot Cherry Peppers
- Air Fryer Herbed Buttermilk Roast Chicken Breast
- Baked Chicken Breasts
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Breast
- Peanut-Braised Chicken Breasts
Sous Vide Chicken Breast and Cilantro Lime Chicken Avocado Salad
- 2 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, organic if possible
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- freezer gallon bags
For chicken salad:
- 8 ounces diced avocado, from 2 small haas
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- juice of 1 1/2 limes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Fill the inner pot of the Deluxe Multi Cooker to the 1/2 fill line with water.
- Lock the lid and select SOUS VIDE. Set to 145°F (63°C) and the timer to 2 hours. Press and hold START.
- Season the chicken with seasoning salt. Place in a single layer in a gallon-sized resealable bag, remove the air, and seal.
- When you hear three beeps and "Add" is displayed, open the lid and submerge the bag with the seal above the water. Lock the lid; press START.
- When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Remove the bag from the water. Remove the chicken from the bag.
To make the salad:
- Dice the chicken breast in small pieces and combine with remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt, to taste.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
This post is sponsored by Pampered Chef. All thoughts are my own.