Cilantro Lime Chicken is the the most flavorful chicken breast recipe, marinated in olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, and cilantro and cooked in the air fryer or on the grill/grill pan.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
Switch up your grilled chicken game with cilantro and lime. Chicken breasts can be a little boring, but this marinade makes them a lot more exciting. Of course, chicken thighs would work great here too. You can cook the chicken however you prefer – on the grill, grill pan, or air fryer – and add it to bowls, salads, or tacos. For more ways I use this classic flavor combo, try my Cilantro Lime Rice, Cilantro Lime Fish Tacos, and Cilantro Lime Shrimp.
How to Make Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer or Grill
Below is how to cook this chicken on the grill or grill pan or in the air fryer.
- Grill: Heat a grill or grill pan over medium to medium-high heat and cook the chicken breasts for five minutes on each side. To ensure they’re
cooked through, use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperate is 165 degrees.
- Air Fryer: Cook the chicken in the air fryer at 380 degrees for five minutes on each side.
How to Serve:
These cilantro lime chicken breasts are fantastic for meal prep. You can easily double the recipe and save the leftovers for meals throughout the week. There are so many ways to serve the chicken that you won’t get tired of eating the same meal on repeat.
- Bowls: Serve over rice or quinoa with black beans, avocado, pickled onions, and cherry tomatoes. Add jalapenos for some spice.
- Tacos: Stuff corn or flour tortillas with chicken, cabbage slaw, and queso fresco.
- Salads: Top romaine lettuce or mixed greens with chicken, black beans, corn, avocado, cucumbers, and bell pepper. Drizzle with fresh lime juice or cumin-lime vinaigrette.
- Main dish: Serve this cilantro lime chicken with Mexican-inspired sides like these Instant Pot Black Beans, Corn Salsa with Lime, or Mexican
- Sub chicken thighs.
- Use this marinade as a base and change up the flavors with different citrus and herbs, like lemon and basil or orange and rosemary.
More Cilantro Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Cilantro Chicken Salad
- Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Bowls with Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- Zesty Lime Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- Chicken Taco Poblano Rice Bowl
- Enchilada Chicken Roll-Ups
Cilantro Lime Chicken Breast (Grilled or Air Fryer)
- 4 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6 oz each
- zest and juice of 1 lime, plus 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Pound the thicker end of the chicken breast with a mallet to make it even with the thinner end.
- Combine the juice of 1 lime, lime zest, olive oil, 1/4 cup of the cilantro finely chopped, garlic and salt to a large glass or ceramic container with a lid, or a gallon size freezer bag.
- Coat the chicken well on both sides and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour or as long as overnight, the longer the better, turning halfway.
- When ready to cook, oil a grill or grill pan over medium to medium-high heat.
- Grill about 5 minutes on each side, or until charred and cooked through in the center.
- Remove and set aside on a platter and squeeze the remaining lime over the chicken. Garnish with the remaining fresh cilantro.
Air Fryer Directions:
- Air fry in a single layer at 380 degrees for 5 minutes on each side.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Sub chicken thighs.
- Use this cilantro-lime marinade as a base and change up the flavors with
different citrus and herbs, like lemon and basil or orange and rosemary.