Fiesta Bean Salad is made with black beans, chick peas, tomatoes, cilantro and avocado tossed with a cumin-lime vinaigrette.
Fiesta Bean Salad
This delicious fiesta bean salad is loaded with fiber! I try to eat lots of legumes each week to get more fiber, and I love the bright, fresh flavors of this quick and easy salad! Combining black beans and chickpeas with avocado, tomatoes and lime, creates a bright and flavorful salad perfect to prep ahead for the week. Make this for lunch or as a healthy side dish to go with grilled steak, tacos, shrimp or chicken. For more salads with canned chickpeas, you may also love this Chickpea Salad or this Greek Chickpea Salad.
Something magical happens when you combine cumin, cilantro and lime juice. I can seriously add this to just about anything and be a happy camper.
I confess that I didn’t always like beans in my salads, I think it’s a texture thing because I love beans simmered in soups or with rice, but… add some avocados, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, and cumin and I am in love! What’s more it’s antioxidant rich, full of heart healthy fats, and high in fiber which keeps you full and satisfied.
- Beans: Canned black beans and garbanzo beans
- Vegetables and Herbs: Tomatoes, avocado, red onion and cilantro
- Salad Dressing: garlic, lime juice, cumin, olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- You can add corn, it’s especially great with charred summer corn off the cob
- Omit cilantro if you’re not a fan
- Swap the beans or garbanzo beans for white beans, pink peas or black eyed peas.
This serves four as a side dish, if you prefer to have this as a main dish, then it would serve 2. You can easily double or triple the recipe to serve more.
This can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator an airtight container for up to 4 days. If I were making this ahead, I would leave the avocado out and add just before eating.
More Bean Salad Recipes You Will Love
- Avocado Corn Salad
- Chickpea Salad
- Black Bean Salad with Avocado and Cucumbers
- Greek Chickpea Salad
- Black Eye Pea Salad
Fiesta Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, oil, cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt.
- Add the black beans, chickpeas, tomato, onion and cilantro; mix well.
- When ready to eat, gently mix in avocado and serve right away.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Avocado Obsessed
- Budget Friendly Meals
- Chickpea Recipes
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free Recipes
- Gluten Free
- Grains and Legume Recipes
- July 4th
- Lenten Friendly Recipes
- Low Sodium
- Memorial Day
- No Cook
- Spring Recipes
- Under 30 Minutes
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetarian Meals
- Weight Watchers – WW Recipes