Greek Chickpea Salad, made with chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives and Feta is perfect to make ahead, for lunch for the week!
Greek Chickpea Salad
If you’ve been following my free meal plans, you probably know I’ve been incorporating more meal prep recipes in them, recipes you can make once that can be served for the week. I love chickpeas in my salad and this doesn’t get easier because there is nothing to cook! Made with a fresh lemon vinaigrette, you’ll be counting down the minutes until lunch time! More meal prep lunches I like to make is are Taco Salad, Greek Chicken Meal Prep Rice Bowls, and Honey Sriracha Chicken and Broccoli.
I’m obsessed with chickpeas and Greek Salad, so this salad combination is one I could eat everyday! When I was in Greece, I ordered Greek salad every chance I could. What was interesting was they never added lettuce, just cucumbers, olives, red onion, bell pepper and Feta cheese, which is perfect to make for meal prep because you don’t have to worry about the lettuce wilting.
Sometimes known as garbanzo beans, chickpeas are extremely popular in the Mediterranean diet and are high in protein and fiber. They are also a good source of carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals making this salad satiating and great to serve as for lunch. I like using glass meal prep containers, these are the glass meal prep containers (affil link) I have and love.
Greek Chickpea Salad Variations
- If you don’t like chickpeas you can use white beans instead.
- Add some chopped Romaine for a more bulky salad.
- Use larger tomatoes, sliced up in place of cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Roast the chickpeas for some added crunch.
- Make it dairy free with a vegan cheese in place of Feta.
Types of Feta Cheese
We love Greek, French or Bulgarian feta in brine for its creamy, smooth texture but you can use any feta cheese you have on hand. Avoid fat-free Feta which is chalky and dry.
More Salad Recipes I love:
- Chickpea Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes
- Kale with Quinoa and Cranberries
- Caprese Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Vegan Caesar Salad
Greek Chickpea Salad
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups diced Persian cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1/3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 20 kalamata or gaeta olives
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 4 ounces fresh feta, sliced thick
- juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In each of 4 (4-cup) containers or bowls, arrange 1/3 cup chickpeas, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/4 green pepper, 1/3 cup tomato, olives and red onion, top with Feta cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Serve about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing with each salad.