Taco Salad Meal Prep
I took my easy, go-to turkey taco recipe and turned it into this easy salad. I love to make this for meal prep, but it’s also perfect when you want a low-carb dinner. The whole thing comes together in under 30 minutes, start to finish. Make this with ground turkey, lean ground beef or ground chicken. If you’ve been following my free meal plans, you probably know I’ve been incorporating more meal prep recipes in them, recipes you can make once that can be served for the week.
Why This Taco Salad Works!
- Meal Prep: Great to pack for lunch
- Protein: a main-dish salad that fills you up
- Versatile: Can be eaten hot or cold
- Great for many dietary restrictions: Gluten-free, low-carb and Keto
- If you want to keep this whole30, omit the cheese and swap it for avocado
- Add black or pinto beans for more protein.
- Add crushed tortilla chips on top for texture.
- Swap the cheese for avocado to keep it dairy free.
- Swap ground turkey for lean ground beef or ground chicken.
How To Meal Prep:
The easiest way to pack this lunch, is to keep the greens separate so you can heat up the turkey without heating up the rest. Then refrigerate everything so you can grab one in the morning before heading out the door!
More Meal Prep Ideas:
- Greek Chickpea Salad
- Overnight Oats in a Jar
- Protein Egg and Quinoa Jars
- Meal Prep Breakfast Taco Scramble
- Loaded Baked Omelet Muffins
- 1/2 cup jarred mild salsa
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lime
For the Salad:
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 4 lime wedges, for serving
- greek yogurt or sour cream, optional for topping
- guacamole, optional for topping
- Brown the turkey in a large skillet breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- When no longer pink add dry seasoning and mix well.
- Add the onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and cover.
- Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Divide the meat equally between the 4 meal prep containers.
- Meanwhile, while the meat is cooking, make the dressing: combine the salsa, olive oil and lime juice; transfer to 4 small containers.
To Serve Right Away:
- Divide the lettuce in 4 bowls, then divide the remaining ingredients on top. Finish with dressing and enjoy.
For Meal Prep:
- Divide the lettuce in 4 ziplock bags.
- Divide pico de gallo, sour cream or yogurt, if using and cheese in small containers. Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, remove the lettuce and containers, heat the meat then make a salad by placing the lettuce in a bowl or plate.
- Top with the meat, pico de gallo, cheese and finish with dressing.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.