Greek Chicken Meal Prep Rice Bowls
Bring the flavors of the Mediterranean to work with these Greek Chicken Meal Prep Rice Bowls – the perfect recipe to make ahead!
Greek Chicken Meal Prep
These Meal Prep Greek Rice Bowls are similar to my Greek Chickpea Salad but served warm with chicken and rice instead of chickpeas. It’s an easy dish to meal prep for lunch or dinner. To pack it for lunch, keep the cold ingredients separate, so the chicken and rice are easy to reheat at your desk. You can see more Meal Prep Recipes here.
These Greek power bowls are packed with nutrients. You get protein from the chicken, whole grains from the brown rice, and plenty of vitamins and minerals from the tomatoes, bell peppers, and cucumbers. The lemon, feta, and Kalamata olives add so much flavor to these Mediterranean bowls.
To make these healthy Greek chicken bowls, you first need to prep your chicken. Working with one chicken breast at a time, put the chicken in a plastic bag and pound it thin. This step will help all your chicken cook evenly. After, mix all the marinade ingredients together, pour in a Ziploc bag with the chicken, and marinate for 30 minutes, up to overnight.
After you cook the chicken, all that’s left is to prep the rest of the ingredients. Cook your rice in the chicken broth, and cut the tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber, and olives.
If you want to eat immediately, mix the warm chicken and rice with the cold ingredients, drizzle with olive oil and lemon, and top with feta cheese and parsley.
If you’re meal prepping, put the chicken and rice in a food storage container and the cold veggies in another. Also, you’ll want to put the olive oil and feta in separate small containers. Don’t be surprised if your coworkers ask for the recipe!
To freeze, place meal prep containers without the veggies in the freezer for up to 3 months. Transfer to the refrigerator overnight to thaw before reheating in the microwave.
- Although I used brown rice, any grain, like quinoa, barley or farro, would be great.
- If you’d like to make this rice bowl vegetarian, omit the chicken.
- Use red or yellow bell peppers if you don’t have orange.
How To Make Greek Chicken Meal Prep
More Meal Prep Recipes
- Honey Sriracha Chicken and Broccoli Meal Prep Bowls
- Taco Salad Meal Prep
- Food Cart-Style Chicken Salad with White Sauce
- Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Bowls with Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- Meal Prep Breakfast Taco Scramble
Meal Prep Greek Chicken Rice Bowls
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 large or 3 small)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/4 cups quick cooking brown rice, such as Uncle Bens 10 min rice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 dry pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 20 pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, quartered
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the chicken:
- Combine lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, garlic and oregano in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, in a Ziploc bag. Pound with a mallet or rolling pin to an even thickness, about ½ inch thick, being careful not to puncture the bag.
- Add marinade to the bag. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Bring the rice and broth to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes (or until rice is tender and broth is absorbed).
- Meanwhile preheat a grill, grill pan or heavy skillet over medium heat. Spray with oil and add the chicken, discard the marinade.
- Cook 5 to 6 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Allow chicken to rest while you make the rest of the bowl.
To assemble bowls and eat immediately:
- Slice the chicken breasts. Place 3/4 cup rice in each bowl, top with chicken, 1/4 of the tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper and olives.
- Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil, lemon juice from 1 wedge, 1 tablespoon feta cheese and a sprinkle of parsley.
For meal prep:
- Slice the chicken breasts. In 4 meal containers, layer 3/4 cup rice and 1/4 of the chicken, in separate containers or baggies pack ¼ of the tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, olives and feta.
- When ready to eat, heat the chicken and rice, top with veggies, olives and cheese and drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and lemon juice from 1 wedge.