Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Bowls
I like to make them with chicken thighs but if you prefer white meat, chicken breast would work too. Extra limes for squeezing on top are recommended!
This is a great dish for meal prep if you like to make meals ahead for the week. Make it on the weekend or your day off and pack them ready in meal containers. I recently purchased these glass meal prep containers (affil link) by Prep Naturals which I am loving.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, this (affil link) is the one I have, but you can make this in a slow cooker on low 4 to 6 hours. My best advice is double the chicken recipe (same cook time) and use it the next day for tacos or taco salads, the chicken is so good! If your family doesn’t like spicy foods, you can leave the chipotle out.
I have lots of Instant Pot recipes, click here to see the others!
Helpful Tips and Variations:
- You can use frozen corn in place of fresh if it’s off season.
- If making this for meal prep for the week, slice the avocados as you need them to avoid browning. And/or squeeze of lime on top.
- Sub chipotle in adobo sauce instead of chipotle paste if people can’t find the paste.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Chili
- Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan
- Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Bowls with Cilantro Lime Quinoa
For The Chicken
For The Quinoa
For the Bowls
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz 1 small haas avocado, sliced
- 4 lime wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a medium bowl combine the salt, cumin black pepper, chipotle, and salsa.
- Place the chicken in the pressure cooker and pour the salsa over chicken. Cook on high pressure 20 minutes. Quick or natural release, add the corn and cook high pressure 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the quinoa, water and salt to a saucepan and cook over high heat, bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Cook for about 18 to 22 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and remove from heat. Stir in the lime juice, olive oil, and 2T cilantro.
- When chicken is cooked, remove corn and set aside on a dish.
- Remove the chicken and place in a bowl, shred and add 1/2 cup of the sauce. Using a knife cut the corn off the husk.
- Place 2/3 cup quinoa in each bowl, with 1/2 cup shredded chicken topped with more sauce, 1/3 cup corn, 1/4 cup tomatoes and 1 ounce avocado.
- Top with remaining cilantro and serve with lime wedges.