Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Ready in just 30 minutes, it’s cooked entirely in the Instant Pot so you’ll have minimal dishes and a dinner that makes the whole family happy!
Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
Instant Pot spaghetti and meat sauce is the solution to getting a weeknight dinner that everyone loves on the table fast.
This pasta dish comes together in less than 30 minutes from start to finish thanks to the Instant Pot (affil link). The meat sauce and pasta cook together at the same time, so you don’t need to worry about boiling the noodles separately either.
I know all of you Italians out there are shaking your head but when I fed this to my Italian husband, he came back for seconds. Sometimes quick and easy really just hits the spot!
No Instant Pot? No problem. Check out my stovetop spaghetti and meat sauce recipe instead! And if you prefer spaghetti and meatballs, check out my Instant Pot spaghetti and turkey meatballs recipe too.
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Spaghetti
Here are a few reasons this is my favorite spaghetti and meat sauce recipe.
- Only one pot needed. Everything is cooked together in the Instant Pot, so you’ll have virtually no dishes after preparing this dish.
- Ready in under 30 minutes. From start to finish, this pasta dinner takes just 30 minutes to prepare.
- Just a handful of ingredients. You won’t need much more than ground turkey, your favorite pasta sauce, and spaghetti noodles to prepare this recipe.
What You’ll Need
This spaghetti and meat sauce recipe uses just a handful of simple ingredients. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Ground turkey – You can also use ground beef.
- Aromatics – Onion and garlic add flavor to the dish.
- Sauce – I love to use Delallo Tomato Basil Pomodoro Sauce but homemade marinara is fantastic too.
- Spaghetti – This recipe was tested with whole wheat and gluten-free pasta. I like to use the Delallo brand.
- Parmesan cheese – Optional for serving.
How to Make Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
This one pot spaghetti and meat sauce recipe comes together in just a few minutes.
- Cook the turkey and aromatics. Hit saute on the Instant Pot. When hot, add the turkey and salt. Break the turkey into crumbles and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the onions and garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Break the spaghetti in half and add it, the sauce, and water to the pot. Make sure the liquid covers everything but don’t stir.
- Cook. Cook on high pressure for 9 minutes.
- Enjoy. Quick release then serve topped with grated parmesan.
Can I Make This On The Stovetop?
Yes, you can easily make spaghetti and meat sauce on the stove. Simply combine everything in a large pot, cover, and cook over medium-low heat for about 17 minutes. Stir halfway through the cooking time.
Tips for Success
Here are a few tips for making this Instant Pot pasta dish.
- Don’t forget to add the water. Since the pasta is cooked right in the sauce, you will need to add water to the pot along with the sauce.
- Make sure the liquid covers the pasta. If using the proportions mentioned in the recipe, this shouldn’t be an issue. You do not want to stir the ingredients but the pasta needs to be completely covered.
- Break the spaghetti. Break the spaghetti noodles in half, so they fit in the Instant Pot easily.
- Make sure to use the instant release. If you try the natural release, the pasta will continue to cook and become too soft.
Enjoy your Instant Pot spaghetti and meat sauce immediately. It should be cooked to perfectly al dente and if it continues to cook, the noodles will absorb more of the sauce.
I love to top my pasta with some freshly grated parmesan cheese.
This can be enjoyed as a meal on its own but if you want to add a side, consider some garlic bread or rosemary garlic parmesan biscuits. A simple side salad, such as a wedge salad or Caesar salad, makes a lovely addition to turn it into a full meal as well.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
- Store. Store any leftover spaghetti and meat sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat. You can reheat leftovers in the microwave. You may want to add a splash of extra sauce or water, as the pasta does absorb quite a bit of sauce.
More Easy Pasta Dishes
Instant Pot One-Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Press saute on the Instant Pot. When hot add the turkey and salt and cook, breaking up about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, and garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the Pomodoro sauce, water and spaghetti (broken in half), making sure the liquid covers everything without stirring.
- Cover and cook on high pressure 9 minutes.
- Quick release so the pasta doesn’t continue cooking, and serve topped with grated cheese if desired!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Budget Friendly Meals
- Dinner Ideas
- Gluten Free
- Ground Turkey Recipes
- Instant Pot Recipes
- Italian Inspired Recipes
- Kid Friendly
- One Pan
- One Pot Recipes
- Pasta Recipes
- Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Spring Recipes
- Turkey Recipes
- Under 30 Minutes
- Weight Watchers – WW Recipes