Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
This One-Pot Spaghetti with Turkey Meat Sauce is made with whole wheat pasta in the pressure cooker – hands down, the quickest and easiest way to get dinner on the table while making the whole family happy! Your solution to getting dinner on the table FAST on those busy weeknights and having everyone clean their plates!
This dish comes together in less than 15 minutes start to finish thanks to the Instant Pot (affil link), the meat sauce and pasta cook together at the same time all in one pot! All you Italians out there are shaking your head, I know! You’re supposed to boil pasta in a large pot of water, but guess what, I fed this to my Italian husband and he came back for seconds.
To make this on the stove, cook everything in a large pot with the same ingredients following the same method over med-low heat, covered about 17 minutes, or until tender, stirring half way.
How to Make Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Tips when making one-pot pasta:
- Since the pasta is cooked right in the sauce, you will need to add water to the pot along with the sauce.
- Make sure the liquid covers the pasta.
- If using spaghetti, break it into smaller pieces so it fits in the pot.
- Once the pasta is ready, eat right away for al dente or the pasta will continue to absorb the sauce.
Because this recipe calls for jarred sauce (you can of course use your own homemade marinara if you wish!) it’s crucial the sauce you use is of the highest caliber for the best outcome. I consider myself a sauce snob living in New York, where we have great Italian food. The first time I tried Delallo’s Pomodoro Sauce I was hesitant, because I was never a fan of jarred sauce. Out of desperation we tried it one night and I’ve been hooked every since. This sauce does not taste like it came out of a jar, I always keep a few stocked in my pantry for those night I need to whip up a quick meal, like my giant turkey meatball parmesan (you can buy it here). I’ve given my friends some jars so they can try and got them hooked as well. I only wish I could find it in my local supermarket, hopefully one day I will!
Instant Pot One-Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Beef can also be used in place or turkey, gluten-free pasta can be used in place of whole wheat. To make this on the stove, cook in a large pot with the same ingredients over med-low heat covered about 17 minutes, or until tender, stirring half way.
- 1 lb 93% ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 jar (25.25 ounces) Delallo Tomato Basil Pomodoro Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces whole wheat or gluten-free spaghetti, I used Delallo
- Grated parmesan cheese, optional for serving
- Press saute on the Instant Pot. When hot add the turkey and salt and cook, breaking up about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, and garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the Pomodoro sauce, water and spaghetti (broken in half), making sure the liquid covers everything without stirring.
- Cover and cook on high pressure 9 minutes.
- Quick release so the pasta doesn’t continue cooking, and serve topped with grated cheese if desired!
Recipe created in partnership with Delallo Foods, a brand I love and use in my kitchen.
Yield: 5 servings, Serving Size: scant 1 1/2 cups
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 10
- Points +: 10
- Calories: 390 calories
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Sodium: 738mg
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 23.5g