This EASY One Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce is kid-friendly and delicious made with ground beef, the spaghetti cooks right in the pot with the sauce! No extra pots to wash, fast and delicious!
Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
A few weeks ago I shared this easy Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce using jarred marinara sauce and turkey instead of beef. Tons of questions if it could be made on the stove, so of course to answer those questions I had to test it on the stove for the timing of the pasta. I wanted to make the meat sauce in this version from scratch and was craving beef in my sauce, but of course you can make this with turkey and jarred sauce if you wish! This has become a family favorite in my house. If you need more dinner ideas see all my other ground beef recipes.
BTW, I swear by Tuttorosso crushed tomatoes (green label) when I make my sauce from scratch! You can’t make a bad sauce with them unlike other brands that tend to be acidic and need lots of doctoring. Bonus, they are also non-gmo and use a non-bpa liner in the cans.
How To Make One Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
More Pasta Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Spaghetti with Butternut Leek Parmesan Sauce
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Eggplant and Tomato Sauce
- Baked Broccoli Mac and Cheese
- Baked Ziti
One-Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce (Stove-Top recipe)
- 1 lb 90% ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes I love Tuttorosso
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- 4 torn basil leaves plus optional more for garnish
- 8 ounces wheat or gluten-free spaghetti broken in half (I love Delallo)
- Grated parmesan cheese optional for serving
- Heat a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over high heat. (If your pot is not heavy, the sauce may burn.)
- When hot add the beef and salt and cook, breaking up about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, and garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, black pepper, water and basil and stir, add the spaghetti, making sure the liquid covers everything without stirring.
- Cover and cook medium-low heat (do not open) until the water is absorbed and the pasta is cooked, about 17 to 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with grated cheese if desired!