Black Bean, Avocado, Cucumber and Tomato Salad
A little lime and cilantro make this Black Bean, Avocado, Cucumber, and Tomato Salad a perfect companion for air fryer chicken breast, grilled chicken or steak. You can also serve this with chips as a dip, or serve it over grilled salmon.
Black Bean, Avocado, Cucumber Tomato Salad
My girlfriend made this refreshing black bean avocado salad years ago at a party, and we’ve made it a tradition at summer cookouts. It is the perfect side dish to take to a party in the summer or serve it with chips as a dip. I’ve also served this over grilled salmon, it’s so versatile! If you like this bean salad recipe, you may also like my Southwestern Salad made with corn, this salad with quinoa and mango, or my Fiesta Bean Salad.
I first posted this black bean salad recipe back in 2020, and recently updated the photos. This salad is always a crowd pleaser, it’s so fresh, healthy and delicious.
Black Bean Avocado Salad Ingredients
- Black Beans: Canned black beans are an affordable pantry staple that I always have on hand. They’re so easy to add to many recipes. Just open the can and rinse and drain the beans in a colander.
- Tomatoes: I used two medium tomatoes, but you could also use grape or cherry tomatoes.
- Avocado: Dice two small avocados. You can drizzle them with fresh lime juice to prevent them from browning too quickly.
- Cucumber: The cucumbers give this black bean salad a wonderful fresh summer flavor. If you don’t have a seedless English cucumber, cut out the seeds of a regular one.
- Red Onion: Sub white onion or scallions.
- Cilantro: If you’re not a cilantro fan, skip it. You could add minced garlic or jalapeño for extra flavor.
- Lime Juice: Juice two limes over the bean mixture.
- Salt and Pepper: Season to taste.
How long is black bean salad good for?
Leftovers make great, quick lunches and will hold for three days in the fridge. If you want to make this ahead, I do recommend adding the avocado right before eating it so it doesn’t turn brown and mushy.
What to Serve with Black Bean Avocado Salad
This black bean salad is an easy summer side for so many different meals:
- Serve it with a protein like garlic-lime pork, air fryer steak, or cilantro lime shrimp.
- Top chicken or fish tacos with the salad.
- Eat it as a main for lunch.
- Serve it as a dip with tortilla chips as a party appetizer.
More Black Bean Recipes You’ll Love:
- Spice-Rubbed Grilled Salmon with Black Beans and Corn
- Vegetarian Enchiladas with Butternut Squash and Black Beans
- Ground Turkey Skillet with Zucchini, Corn, Black Beans, and Tomato
- Arroz Congri (Cuban Rice and Black Beans)
- Vegetarian Black Bean Tacos
Black Bean, Avocado, Cucumber and Tomato Salad1
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 hass avocados, diced
- 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp red onion, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 2 limes, juice of
- salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.