Zesty Lime Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa is made with grilled chicken breasts – fresh and flavorful, perfect for weeknight summer dinners.
Zesty Lime Grilled Chicken
Hey guys, I’m Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh. I’m a recipe developer and creator of Healthyish Foods®, a food blog focused on mostly healthy recipes with an occasional dose of “ish”. Click here to sign up for my free weekly recipe round up, where you’ll get more recipes like this one.
I love Healthyish® meals like this one because they come together quickly, and cleanup is a breeze. Plus, if you have any extra salsa, you can enjoy it over grilled fish or with a side of veggie chips.
Loaded with flavor, this zesty lime chicken paillard is easy to make, delicious and perfect any night of the week. The meat is fork tender and the salsa adds that extra punch of flavor we all love. And if you do not have a grill, do not worry. You can also use a grill pan on the stove top.
Citrus lime marinade for chicken
- olive oil
- lime zest
- Juice from 1 lime
- salt and pepper
What to serve with cilantro lime chicken
The grilled pineapple salsa on top of the chicken makes this a complete meal. You can also serve this over a bed of mixed greens or with grilled vegetables on the side.
If you want a starch, brown rice, orzo or couscous would be great.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes You Will Love
- Grilled Chicken with Spinach
- Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
- Grilled Bourbon Chicken
- Korean Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Mango Avocado
Zesty Lime Grilled Chicken Paillard with Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa
Chicken and marinade
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, thin cut will work well too
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Juice from 1 lime about 1 tablespoon
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa
- 1 cup grilled and diced pineapple
- 1 cup grilled sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced shallots
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Pinch salt
- Preheat your grill to 400F degrees.
- If your chicken breasts are thick, butterfly them and add them to a Ziploc bag. Gently pound the chicken using the soft side of a mallet. You will want the chicken to be about ¼ inch thick.
- Once the chicken is pounded thin, add the olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, thinly sliced garlic, chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper to the Ziploc bag.
- Zip the bag closed and massage the chicken making sure it is evenly coated in the marinade.
- Let the chicken to marinate for 20-25 minutes before grilling. While the chicken is marinating, you’ll prepare the salsa.
- Dice the grilled pineapple into small evenly sized cubes. Add it to a mixing bowl.
- Next, finely dice the shallots and jalapeno. Add them to the bowl with the pineapple.
- Dice the red pepper and remove the corn kernels from the cob. Add everything to the mixing bowl along with a pinch of salt. Canned corn will work fine too!
- Add the lime juice and gently combine all of the ingredients. Once well combined set aside.
- Carefully place a sheet of foil on the heated grill.
- Place the chicken on the foil, since it is well coated in the olive oil mixture it will not stick.
- Grill for about 3 minutes on each side. Since it is pounded thin, it will cook pretty quickly.
- Remove from the grill and arrange the chicken on a platter. Top with the pineapple jalapeno salsa. As an optional garnish, try adding some crushed peanuts and sliced scallions.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with a few lime wedges!