Grilled Chicken pairs beautifully with avocados and mangoes in this delicious salad, perfect for those warmer nights you don’t want to heat up the kitchen.
California Grilled Chicken Avocado and Mango Salad
Tropical fruits like mangoes and avocados are my favorite fruits. Paired together in this salad with grilled chicken, it couldn’t be more delicious! More recipes I love with mango are this Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa, these Mango Coconut Ice Pops and this Mango Coconut Chia Pudding.
When I was a kid, I spent many summers at my cousin’s house in Puerto Rico. I remember all the mangoes falling off her mango trees, so many it was hard to keep up with them. Back then mangoes weren’t as popular here in the states, but luckily today you can find them in every supermarket.
This salad screams California, which is where it was inspired from! For this salad I used red butter lettuce, but you can use any baby lettuce. And especially home grown if you have any in your garden!
For the dressing I kept it real simple, extra virgin olive oil and white balsamic vinegar which is naturally sweet and perfect on this salad.
More Salad Recipes:
- Kale Salad with Quinoa and Cranberries
- Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Salad
- Salmon Avocado Salad
- Zest Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- Chickpea Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes
Grilled Chicken Avocado and Mango Salad
- 12 oz grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1 cup diced mango, from 1 1/2 mangos
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 6 cups baby red butter lettuce
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- Toss avocado, mango, chicken and red onion together.
- Fill a large salad platter with baby greens or divide on 4 small dishes.
- Top with chicken/avocado mixture and drizzle half the dressing on top.
- Serve with remaining dressing if desired.