This Salmon Avocado Salad is made with my two favorite super foods – avocado and wild salmon. I could eat this every day!
Salmon Avocado Salad
With the warmer weather, all I want to eat is salad these days. A big green salad with salmon, tomatoes and avocado is usually what I crave when I want to eat quick healthy, low carb meal. You can see more salad recipes from the archives.
If you want to make this for lunch, you can easily cut this recipe down to 1 or 2 servings.
What is The Healthiest Way of Cooking Salmon?
The best ways to cook salmon is by using any method that will keep it moist and tender. Overcooked salmon will become dry and awful, so be sure to watch your cooking times. One of my favorite ways to prepare salmon is using my “Quick Broil” method. Another method I love is cooking salmon in the air fryer. To do so, you can cook it 400F 7 to 10 minutes, like I did for this Air Fryer Parmesan Salmon recipe. If you want to grill the salmon, you can use the method I used for this Grilled Salmon Bruschetta recipe.
How To Make Salmon Avocado Salad
More Salmon Recipes
Salmon Avocado Salad
- 4 wild salmon fillets, 4 oz each
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parlsey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, recommend: Braggs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces avocado, diced (from 2 small)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- Season salmon with 2 teaspoons of the Dijon, 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Adjust the oven on the second rack. Broil salmon 6 to 7 minutes, until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine the red onion with olive oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon remaining Dijon, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste; let it sit about 5 minutes, so the flavor of the onion mellows.
- Add the tomatoes, avocado and toss. When ready to serve, toss in chopped lettuce and cabbage, finish with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar, taste for salt and pepper and adjust as needed.
- Divide the salad in 4 bowls and top each with salmon.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Photo Credit: Jesse Larson
62 comments on “Salmon Avocado Salad”
We made this last night and it was very good. My wife isn’t a big fan of salmon, so we use Steelhead Trout which is similar without as much of the salmon flavor.
We should have put more dijon and salt on the fish itself, but other wise the salad was great!
Delicious!! We made this tonight! Definitely a favorite.
It would be nice if this was printable
there’s a print button, it’s black
This was absolutely delicious! Made it for dinner and the entire family loved it and requested it for future dinners.
This was amazing. Used wild sockeye and grilled it. Hubby said it was maybe the best salmon ever.
Excellent salad, I loved it! Light & refreshing
Can you make the dressing ahead of time or will the onion go bad?
My husband is allergic to fin fish. What do you think about substituting chicken?
Yes I think that would work. Let me know if you try it!
This one will be on repeat! It was phenomenal! I was craving a salmon salad from a restaurant that I frequent. I searched through all my favorite food blogs and found this one. I was thrilled with the results. It was my first time to cook salmon using Gina’s “quick broil” method. The salmon was perfect. I highly recommend this salad and its exquisite combination of flavors. I sprinkled a little feta cheese over the top of my salad, and thinly sliced the red onion rather than chopping it. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly.
Love it !!! Great taste and simple to make.
can you use the packet of salmon ( like you can buy tuna), or does it alter the taste? The area I live in does not carry much fresh fish.
Your Salmon Avocado Salad us awesome! This is in my favorite recipe list…. I use it often!! Thank you!