Salmon Burgers with Sriracha Mayo
So much flavor in these burgers made with wild salmon, served on a bed of arugula and topped with sliced avocado and a spicy sriracha mayo – a bun would only disguise it. You might also like naked Salmon Quinoa Kale Burgers, Swordfish Burgers with a Lemon Vinaigrette, and super juicy Turkey Burgers with Zucchini.
These burgers can be formed earlier in the day, or even the night before. Refrigerating them before cooking helps them hold together firm during cooking. Another tip is to put some of the salmon in the food processor or chopper. It creates “glue” that keeps everything together.
More Burger Recipes:
- Naked Turkey Bruschetta Burgers
- Broccoli Rabe Turkey Burgers
- Naked Greek Feta Turkey Burgers
- Cheeseburger Salad
- Aloha Hawaiian Teriyaki Shrimp Burgers
Naked Salmon Burgers with Sriracha Mayo
For the salmon patties:
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 6 tbsp panko, or gluten-free panko
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound wild salmon fillet
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- cooking spray
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 4 oz avocado, sliced
- Combine mayonnaise and sriracha, set aside.
- Remove the skin from the salmon, and cut about a 4 oz piece off.
- Place in a food processor or chopper to finely chop. This will help hold the burgers together. With a knife finely chop the remaining salmon.
- In a medium bowl combine the salmon with the bell peppers, panko and garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, soy sauce, lemon juice, and salt; add to salmon mixture, tossing gently to combine.
- Form mixture into 4 patties and refrigerate at least one hour, this will help the burgers become firm and hold together during cooking.
- Lightly coat a grill pan or skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Cook the patties 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Place arugula on each plate, top each with salmon burger, 1 tbsp of mayo and avocado slices – enjoy!