Naked Greek Feta-Zucchini Turkey Burgers are so juicy, thanks to my secret ingredient – grated zucchini!
Greek Turkey Burgers
I adapted my turkey burger with zucchini recipe and added fresh oregano and Feta cheese to the burgers. Then I made a simple Greek salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, roasted peppers, olives and the results were outstanding! I’ll be making these all summer. If you want a more traditional burger with all the fixins, try this turkey burger recipe.
A tip if you want to make these outside on the grill, make the patties ahead and keep them well chilled in the refrigerator (or put them in the freezer for 15 minutes) so they stay firm.
More Turkey Burger Recipes You’ll Love
- Turkey Burger Recipe (Classic)
- Inside-Out Turkey Cheeseburgers
- Buffalo Turkey Cheeseburger
- Naked Turkey Bruschetta Burger
- Greek Turkey Burgers
Naked Greek Feta-Zucchini Turkey Burgers
- 5 oz grated zucchini, when squeezed 4 oz
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp grated red onion
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, from Salad Savors
- oil spray
For the salad:
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3/4 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, from Salad Savors
- 1/4 cup roasted peppers, from Salad Savors
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp crumbled feta, from Salad Savors
- Squeeze ALL the moisture from the zucchini with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well, add 1/4 cup of feta from the Salad Savors, mix and make 5 equal patties, not too thick so they cook in the center.
- Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- In a medium bowl combine the cucumber, tomato, red onion, SaladSavors, vinegar, salt and remaining Feta. Mix well.
- To cook indoors: Heat a large nonstick skillet on high heat. When hot, lightly spray oil. Add burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook on one side until browned, then flip. Flip over a few times to prevent burning and to make sure the burgers are cooked all the way through.
- If grilling: Clean grill well before cooking and oil the grates generously to prevent sticking. Cook the burgers on medium heat about 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center.
- To serve, place the burger on a dish and top with 2/3 cup of salad.