This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
These Baked Shrimp Taquitos are so much lighter and healthier than frying, and they come out perfect and crisp!
Baked Shrimp Taquitos
These shrimp taquitos are great as shrimp appetizers, or serve them with salad and guacamole to make it a meal. I had two for lunch with salad and homemade guacamole and felt perfectly satisfied, although I would probably have three for dinner. More shrimp recipes you would love, these shrimp tacos, shrimp scampi with orzo and shrimp and grits.
The shrimp filling is SO good you’ll be tempted to eat it before you roll them up. I plan on making the filling again to use for shrimp tacos this week!
How To Make Baked Shrimp Taquitos
- Make sure to wash hands after handling jalapeño. If you touch your eyes it will burn.
- Heat level can vary drastically in jalapeños. Taste and adjust according to your families taste. The spiciness in jalapeños comes from the seeds and membrane so remove it if you like it milder.
- Shrimp is great to keep in your freezer. It defrosts quickly and cooks even quicker! Most shrimp sold in the grocery store is previously frozen so it’s better to buy it frozen and defrost it as you need it to maintain optimal freshness.
More Shrimp Recipes You May Like:
Baked Shrimp Taquitos
Baked Shrimp Taquitos are so much lighter and healthier than frying, and they come out perfect and crisp!
Yield: 6 Servings
Serving Size: 2 taquitos
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 vine tomato, diced
- 12 ounces raw, peeled and deviened shrimp, chopped
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- olive oil spray, I use my Misto
- jarred or homemade salsa verde, optional for dipping
- guacamole, optional for dipping
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the onion, garlic and jalapeno in oil until soft. Add the tomatoes and cook until thickened 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shrimp and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cilantro and cook medium high heat 1 minute.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line 2 large nonstick baking sheets with foil and spray with oil.
- Working in batches, place 3 to 4 tortillas between two paper towels and microwave 30 seconds until they are warm and pliable. Place a tortilla on a clean, dry work surface and then spread about 3 tablespoons of shrimp filling onto the bottom third of the tortilla and top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Roll the tortilla up from the bottom to surround the filling and once it’s rolled into a tube, place it on the prepared baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining shrimp, spray the tops with oil a pinch of salt then bake until tortillas start to get golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 taquitos, Calories: 245 kcal, Carbohydrates: 27.5 g, Protein: 18 g, Fat: 7.5 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Cholesterol: 98.5 mg, Sodium: 201.5 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Sugar: 0.5 g