These Shrimp Fajita Bowls are a tasty and easy dinner that your whole family will love! Served over a bed of cilantro-lime rice with peppers and onions, avocado and salsa.
Shrimp Fajita Bowls
We love Fajita nights! Chicken Fajitas are a staple in my home, it’s Tommy’s favorite dish to cook (the first dish he ever made me!). These shrimp fajita are a fun twist on the classic dish made all on one sheet pan. You can also serve them over cauliflower rice to keep it low-carb and keto-friendly.
Please welcome Heather who is guest posting for me today! Hi there, I’m Heather K. Jones. I’m a registered dietitian and the founder of Feel Better Eat Better, an online weight loss program for women who struggle with emotional eating, binge eating, overeating or body image issues—click HERE to sign up for my FREE weight loss workshop available right now!
Traditional fajitas are served with meat, seafood and veggies on a sizzling platter with a stack of warm tortillas and all the Mexican fixings—here, roasted seasoned shrimp, onions and peppers are piled on bed of cilantro-lime rice with avocado and a super-simple salsa. It’s everything you love about fajitas, in one easy-to-make bowl! This dish is my current go-to when time is tight—it’s healthy, delicious and ready in under 25 minutes. Enjoy!
More Shrimp Recipes You May Like:
Shrimp Fajita Bowls
For the shrimp:
For the veggies:
For the rice:
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Juice of ½ lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the shrimp ingredients from olive oil through pepper.
- Add the shrimp and toss to evenly coat.
- Set aside and allow to marinate while you make the veggies.
- Combine all veggie ingredients in a large bowl. Use your hands to toss and evenly coat veggies with oil and seasoning.
- Transfer to a sheet pan and roast 20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice and salsa. In a medium bowl, combine rice with cilantro, salt and lime juice.
- In small bowl, make the salsa by combining the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Remove veggies from oven and place marinated shrimp (leaving excess marinade in the bowl) evenly among the veggies.
- Return to the oven and roast 8 minutes.
- Place ¾ cup rice in each of 4 bowls. Evenly divide the shrimp, veggies, salsa and sliced avocado among each bowl and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.