Naked Turkey Bruschetta Burger are healthy, delicious, turkey burgers made juicy thanks to added zucchini and topped with a summer garden tomato bruschetta set over a bed of baby arugula – no bun required!
Naked Turkey Bruschetta Burger
I love turkey burgers and make them so many ways, but these have been one of my most popular summer burgers! I always keep ground turkey in my fridge, and turkey burgers are my weekly go to. You can also try this traditional Turkey Burger Recipe, or these juicy Turkey Burgers with Zucchini, Greek Feta Turkey Burgers, and if you like it spicy, try these Buffalo Turkey Cheeseburgers!
This dish was inspired by a meal my girlfriend ordered during a girl’s night out. I always get inspired when I go out to eat, and created this lighter version which turned out delicious. For the turkey burger, I went with my skinny turkey burger recipe I posted a few years back, it’s made with shredded zucchini which gives it lots of moisture and great flavor. They are delicate, so I prefer to make them on a skillet instead of the grill.
This is the perfect summer meal for under 300 calories, especially if you have lots of tomatoes in your garden. You can easily make these vegetarian by using a boca burger or veggie burger of your choice.
More Turkey Burger Recipes You’ll Love:
- Turkey Burger Recipe (Classic)
- Inside Out Turkey Cheeseburgers
- Turkey Burgers with Zucchini
- Buffalo Turkey Cheeseburgers
- Greek Turkey Burgers
Naked Turkey Bruschetta Burgers
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 oz part skim mozzarella, diced
For the turkey zucchini burgers:
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced into 10 thin slices
- 4 loose cups baby arugula
- Combine the red onion, olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Set aside a few minutes while you chop the tomatoes, then place in the bowl.
- Add the garlic, basil and additional salt and pepper, to taste and mix well and set aside.
- Toss in the cheese when ready to serve.
- Squeeze the excess moisture from the zucchini in a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, shredded zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper.
- Form into 5 equal sized patties about 5 oz each, forming them as flat as possible.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- When hot, lightly spray with oil.
- Add the burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook until browned, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook another 4 minutes, careful not to burn.
- To serve, arrange 3 slices of tomatoes on each dish, then place 1 cup arugula on top in the center, then top with the burger and finish with the bruschetta (don't forget to add the cheese), serve right away.