This recipe is great on a grill or skillet for those barbecue nights. You can try making this swordfish recipe with tuna or salmon, or with different herbs for a variety of flavors. It’s also a great way to eat fish if you are not a big fish lover and get those Omega 3s in your diet. You might also like Naked Salmon Burgers with Sriracha Mayo, Aloha Hawaiian Teriyaki Shrimp Burgers, or this very juicy Turkey Burger with Zucchini.
More Burger Recipes:
- Quinoa Salmon Burger
- Naked Greek Feta-Zucchini Turkey Burgers
- Salsa Verde Burger
- Spicy Black bean Burger with Chipotle Mayo
- Chicken Parmesan Burger
- 1.5 lbs 24 oz swordfish steaks, skin removed
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- lemon zest
- salt and fresh pepper
- oil spray
- mixed greens or chopped romaine
- Cut fish into large chunks, and put about 1/4 of the fish into a food processor along with garlic and shallots.
- Pulse until it becomes almost pasty.
- Place into a medium bowl.
- Place the remaining fish into food processor and pulse on and off until chopped.
- Combine with the rest of the fish in the bowl and add chives, lemon zest, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and form into 4 patties.
- In a large non-stick skillet, spray a little oil and heat on medium-high.
- Add fish and cook about 4 minutes on each side.
- To BBQ: Grill 4-6 inches above the fire on a lightly oiled grill rack.
- Grill on medium flame, about 4 minutes each side.
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve fish burgers over a bed of greens and drizzle with lemon vinaigrette.